𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑡ℎ𝑟𝑒𝑒 - 𝑤ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝑑𝑜 𝑖 𝑘𝑛𝑜𝑤 𝑎𝑏𝑜𝑢𝑡 𝑦𝑜𝑢

(We're doing time skippy things now tehe)

"I'll go easy since we've never sparred before." Laurance chirps at the red head as they stand in a field, surrounded by trees and tall grasses and flowers. The birds in the woods chirped as the pair backed away from each other, creating distance. She had really only sparred with Garroth during her time in Phoenix Drop so far and before that, she was trained in secret by Sam and Ezekiel - not that she wanted to think of him.

    "What do you have against women?" She raises a brown, unsheathing her silver sword. It was the best one Garroth could find in the guard tower, minimal rolls or dents on the blade.

"Nothing against women. I love women." Laurance retorted, holding his blade.

"Hm, I gathered that." She teases, getting ready with her own weapon.

Laurance intrigued her and she could fully admit that - well, to herself and no one else. Aphmau had questioned her about it, but she denied any sort of attraction. 'He's full of himself.' He's this and that and anything she could say to get the lord off her back. Yes, he was good looking, but it was more so his vibe. He was so friendly and yet there was something so off about him.

"Ready?" He asks, her attention shifting back to him as he stood a few feet from her.

She nods.

And with that, the two swung their blades, a clashing sound ringing out as the met. That was also a thing about him, how swiftly (Laurance Zvahl - Taylor's Version) he moved. It was almost unnatural how he could react so quickly and the speed at which he shifted his stance or aimed his weapon. But it didn't look unnatural, not jagged, not too fast but enough that it caught her attention. Of course, maybe she should expect this much from someone so close to being on the jury. But even then, the jury wasn't this swift. (Laurance Zvahl - Taylor's Version)

"You're not that bad." He says, their blades clashing again.

"Hm, glad I live up to your standards." She teases, aiming low only to be blocked by his sword.

He had such a weird aura to him. But she honestly couldn't place it. There wasn't anything wrong with him, by any means but he was just different. Maybe he was just hard to describe.

She went to strike again but his blade clashed once more, knocking the red head off her feet, causing it to land on her butt. Her sword lay beside her. He aimed his sword down toward her, a cocky smile on his face.

"You're lucky I don't gloat when it comes to women."

"Am I? You know, you should really pay more attention." She says as she moved her foot, hooking his ankle and knocking him onto his butt.

"Ow." he groaned as they sat across from each other.

And Katherine wasn't the only one who had opinions on the other. Laurance also thought that Katherine was different, peculiar. She was reserved, a little off putting and she was a royal. Though she liked her brother loved disputing that. He thought she was attractive, but he also thought a lot of women were attractive. And her fighting, that also caught his eye. Her skill level was high for someone of her status. He didn't see many high ranking noble women being well skilled in combat. And O'Khasis women of high class were barely seen in pants or with weapons.

"You up for another?" Katherine asks, standing up as she brushes the dirt off her white dress which had a leather corset with it and brown, leather boots.

"Sure." He got up, brushing himself off, grabbing his sword from the grass.

The two raised their weapons again and they clinked together. The sun glowed down in the meadow, causing the temperature to be hot and muggy. Aiming high and aiming low, their swords continued clinking.