•1•

A yelp left your mouth as your best friend began running towards you.

The park was wide and peaceful and you decided to go here before you went into the city with [BFF/N] (Best friend's name).

Currently you've got a lollipop in your hand running from [BFF/N] because you stole her last one.

"[Y/N]! Get here! You'll regret that!!!!"

Your best friend ran after you and screamed. Some people were turning their heads towards you and your bestie, because of the yelling.

You looked behind you seeing that [BFF/N] stopped running after you.

With your head turned backwards, you bumped into someone.

You immediately turned round and apologized. An elderly woman turned towards you smiling.

"It's fine, dear. Do you want to help me feed the ducks?" She asked softly turning her gentle smiling face to the lake next to her.

A few small ducks swam closer to you and the sight of the old woman peacefully feeding ducks warmed your heart.

"Of course!" You answered and together with the nice old woman you fed the cute ducks waggling their feathers on their tails.

The woman looked pale and weak. Her hands were slightly trembling, yet she still held a soft grip on the bread crumbs which she fed to the small animals.
She looked like, as if her end wasn't far away. Her voice was also weak and shaking. You felt your heart sink as you let those thoughts enter you.

"[Y/N]! God what are you doing?" Your best friend yelled from behind you. The scream caused the ducks to swim away and you noticed the smile on the woman's face weaken. Her eyes grew glossy and soft.

"I was just feeding ducks with that nice senior. You always ruin everything." You rolled your eyes playfully as [BFF/N].

[BFF/N] hit your arm playfully in response and you pretended to stumble backwards, but the back of your foot met a stone.

You tripped.

And fell right into the lake.
A faint voice screaming your name reached your ears and you wanted to easily swim to the top again but your body refused to move.

Your breath hurt in your lungs and a strong pressure on your chest began to form. A light headed feeling dampened your mind. The lack of breath made your chest burn and a muted scream escaped your lips. A dark shadow formed around you and you felt numb.

Everything went black.

Your eyes widened and you began coughing out your dry and salty throat.

"You're awake! Be careful, you consumed a lot of sea water."

A voice, which was a bit familiar told you.

You turned your head towards them.

Blonde hair,
A white dress,
A white hat,
Blue caring eyes.

How?!

"Wait up, Si-... The acting grand master told me to help you."
The girl said and some blue water like orbs floated through the air right into your chest, where the pain weakened.

"See? You're all welcome! My name is Barbara and you're in the Mondstadt cathedral right now!"

Barbara? Mondstadt?  Acting grand master?

Something must've clicked on your mind and you gasped.

"How did I get here?" Your voice sounded sultry and dry and you barely got the words out.

"Well... A kid, Timmie, noticed you drowning in Cider Lake and he informed Swan.. Since we had no available healer or doctor near, the acting grand master told me to take care of you! Sorry I cannot tell you what happened before that. I'd hoped you'd know." She smiled.

Cider Lake? Am I dreaming? Am I really in Genshin Impact?

[BFF/N], I know it's wrong, but thank you for almost drowning me!

"It's alright, don't apologize, Barbara. You've healed me already! I must thank you for that." You noticed that you really needed water and your throat was dry.

"Ah yes wait, here take the water."
Barbara said smiling and holding a glass of water for you to take.

You drank the water and your throat's burning disappeared. Before you could thank Barbara, she spoke up.

"I'm going to inform Si- oh uh The acting grand master real quick. Please wait for a moment!"

You looked around. This seemed to be some private room in the cathedral. A small mirror was hung on the wall which made you leave the bed and look at yourself in the mirror.

You still looked the same but... Your body kind of looked like the age of 15?
But not exactly. It was more like your body was about to turn 15.

Strange

"I'm back!" Barbara's voice said from behind you.

"Outlander."

A way stricter voice also came form Barbara's direction. Jean! You turned around only to find an enthusiastic girl with a skeptical older sister crossing her arms.

"What's your name?"

"[Y/N]."

"[Y/N?], that doesn't sound like a name from Mondstadt nor Liyue. Where are you from?"

Lie! Lie! Lie! Cmon, just say a nation!

"I'm from Fontaine."

"That's a long way. What are you doing in Mondstadt?"

"I-.. was on a journey... To.. Liyue?" You said almost questioning yourself. "I'm from the Adventurer's Guild! And ..uhh Katheryne... Gave me a commission... Because.. I was already near Mondstadt?"

Jean had a questionable look on her face but sighed. "I'm Jean. The acting grand master, as the real Grand Master is on a mission. This is a sister of the cathedral, you already seem to know her name. The knights of Favonius will be ready to help you."

You smiled and thanked her. Glad that that lie worked. Hehe

"Wait one question, do you own a vision?"

"Uhm... No?"

You didn't know if your body here had a vision but it seemed to be the safest option.

"After you recovered, we'll send... Let's see... We'll send the Cavalry Captain to escort you to the headquarters."

You nodded unsurely.

After that the siblings both left and you were alone. You checked and found out that you really had no vision nor a weapon you could've wielded. Great, now my lie is even more suspicious, because how could I have done a commission without weapons? Luckily you didn't wear the clothes you had worn in the park. Your outfit was a bit light and it had the usual Genshin Impact clothes aspect to it.

After a while of doing nothing a knock could be heard. You opened the door and you saw a handsome blue haired man with an eye patch. How could you forget about him?

"My name is Kaeya, the Calvary Captain. It's a pleasure to make an acquaintance with you, [Y/N]."

He bowed slightly and smiled charmingly.

Kaeya.