03

ᡣ𐭩 "that's how we make sunny days, yeah?"

tsukasa sighed at the sight of his glum, little sister, who was crying while watching 'never have i ever.'

"saki, cmon," he set down a bowl of deformed chocolate covered strawberries and brushed back saki's messy, blonde hair.

she stared at the strawberries before her and began to cry a little harder, "they're so ugly, is this what they thought of my application?"

tsukasa couldn't help but think, 'that's a little far fetched.'

he leaned down and gave saki a warm smile, hoping it would comfort her a bit.

"it's not like you were rejected, saki. you were only deferred—"

"yea and that's the problem. i was deferred. they straight up told me "hey, we're not sure about you." her mood quickly rose into one of anger as the insecurities began to pile into her mind.

saki took a deep breath, and started again, "the girl still had the audacity to say, "consider reapplying." she was literally making fun of me." she leaned forward to the bowl and angrily stuffed a strawberry into her mouth.

as saki chewed in her deep fit of rage, she couldn't help the thoughts that raced in her hothead.

'i'll get back at that dumb admissions lady. she tore away my dream.'

tsukasa stared at her with a look of confusion, but he was, nonetheless, relieved. she had let some steam off.

he gave a pat on her head and stood up, "well, i'm proud of you. stop crying, save those tears for something more deserving of them."

that was supposed to make saki feel better, how?

the school she had been working for, chasing at for the entirety of her high school career just said "we don't want you."

how could saki reapply for normal admission when the academy made it clear that she wasn't good enough already? it's not like she improved much from september to now.

'would i make it living in the streets?'

'no, saki! you can't.'

'right, right.'

as the small battle of her thoughts came to an end, saki's eyes went back to the show on the tv.

devi didn't give up, so why should she?

as quick as a teenage girl's many phases, saki's insecurity morphed into motivation.

she was going to prove the academy wrong.

"tsukasa! i'm going to reapply. where's the laptop?"