08

ᡣ𐭩 "i think we can do it if we tried."

after a long day, saki came home to discover a letter at the front of her door.

she picked the letter up and read its contents— the Cherry Academy were offering tours to upcoming— and hopeful students.

saki jumped at the opportunity to see the school, and girl of her dreams.

she jumbled through the disorganized mess in her pink purse and scrambled to unlock the front door of her home.

right as the lock went "click!" saki ran to her bedroom, grabbed her phone, and dialed the number she had pinned on her calendar board.

almost immediately, the other line picked up.

"hello?"

saki felt her heart shoot through her chest at the sound of ichika's melodic voice.

"hi ichika, it's me saki."

"oh!" ichika exclaimed, "saki, hey! i didn't think you'd actually call.."

saki could hear the fastened pace of her heart going "thump thump."

she choked out a response, "..uh yeah! it took me a while but.. how are you?"

"i'm good.." saki heard ichika pause, as if she was expecting something from her.

"so, uh.. i'm actually calling it a reason. there's going to be tours at the academy and i was wondering if i could see you while i'm there."

laughing was heard from the other line.

"yea, i'm actually going to be hosting some of the tours."

saki felt her face burn with excitement.

"we're going to meet up in the library at the visual arts department. i can show you around the film and cinema department once im done.?"

"wait, like, just the two of us?"

saki could hear ichika's giggle, "yea, just us."

"yea okay! of course." saki tried to sound nonchalant and laid back, but she couldn't help freaking out a little.

"i'll text you the info, i'll see you there saki."

the phone line went dead and saki threw her phone.

she was going to get a private tour with her crush. she couldn't believe it.

what was she gonna do?

——

apologies for the long wait. ><

how do we feel about the slow burn?
too slow or slow enough?

-lostinluve <3