Existing, together.

Y/Ns POV:

It's been a while since me and Clay met, and we've been hanging out consistently. Almost every day! at least, we try to.😭

I wake up and get ready because its my birthday! 🥳💃🎈🎉

poppy insisted to plan my birthday so i said she could. As i rummage through my closet i get a text. who could that be?

funboiclay!!!- hey, i know its your birthday and i would love to spend this special day with you, but something came up at work and i wont be able to make it. I'm sorry.

(what a buthole tho 😭🫵)

y/n- oh, its okay. i understand.

wtf.

why.

on my birthday.

your fucking kidding.

(LANGUAGE Y/N!😡)

i still have to get ready. I still have a party to get to. holding back tears i walk to the creek where poppy said my party would be, but when i get there.

Nobody.

not even a critter.

Tears start to flow out of my face like a river. i start to run away but then i trip on a stupid tree root sticking out of the ground and fall face first into the water.

Just my luck, huh

I can't do anything but sob in my sopping wet party dress. just lying there.

After 15min of non-stop crying I decide to head to my house to dry off and try and forget all about today.

CLAYS POV:

I still feel really bad about lying to y/n.

poppy wanted to plan a surprise party and told me to make up an excuse to not hangout.

as i was wrapping one of her hundreds of presents, (yea, das right, HUNDREDS✨😎💯) poppy texts me.

branchesgirl- MEET AT Y/NS HOUSE PRONTO!

clay- why?

branchesgirl- NO QUESTIONS. JUST COME!

Huh. weird. i finish wrapping her last present and head straight to her house.

i knock and poppy opens the door, yanks me by my romper, and pulls me behind the couch.

"SHHHHH!" she says.

i look around the room and i see all my brothers and some of y/ns friends, but not her. "Where's y/n? And why are we all hiding?".🤨

"becauseee..." says poppy, "were gonna surprise her! DUH! i already told you this!" she says angerly. 😡🙄

"oh, yeah, right.".😬

After about 10 min, we hear someone unlock the door.

As it opens "SURP...rise?". Y/n walks in sopping wet with bruises and tears flowing down her face. "Y/N?!?! ARE YOU OKAY?!?! WHAT HAPPENED?!?!" 😨 (#1 caring platonic bf 💯😎✨)

i franticly say running towards her. "Im fine. Not like you care." Shit dude! you fucked up bad.

(HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE 2 SAY IT?!?! NO CUSSIN!!!🤬)

"I DO care. i care a lot about you." i say, placing one hand o her shoulder, one on her cheek.

"Now let me get you a towel." i run towards the bathroom and get a towel and an ice pack. i run right back to her. she looks annoyed with me.😟

Y/Ns POV:

"Heyyy, sooo, we can tell your kinda upset and we don't really wanna bother you anymore so..."

I think branch said that so i turn around their all gone with the door behind them wide open. (They skedaddled frrr😭)

Clay comes back and wraps me in a towel, sits me down and gives me an ice pack.

He kneels down in front of me and asks, "Do you need anything else mamas?"

Tears start to flow down my face and i say. "IM SO SORRY FOR BEING AN ASSHOLE AND TELLING YOU THAT YOU DONT CARE!" my voice cracking a bit.

He gets up and sits right next to me and places his arm around my shoulder.

"No. I should be the one sorry, i shouldn't have done you like that. IM the asshole."

we look at each other, eye to eye, then he says, "you look so beautiful tonight".

"Psft! yea ok whatever...". 🙄

i look away but he turns my head to his again. placing his warm hand on my cold face.

CLLAYS POV:

"Seriously! you do though!" i say. 🤓☝️

Then, unexpectedly, she pulls my lips to meet with hers.

We spend the rest of the night watching her favorite movies cuddled up on the couch together. it felt like we were the only ones existing in this world. existing together.

THANK YOU FOR READING!!!

LUV U POOKIESSS