just give me a chance.

Y/Ns POV:

A few hours ago, clay asked me if he could go and hangout with his bros and of cores i said yes! But that was a few hours ago. Clay isn't home yet and he's not answering his phone either. I start to panic but then i hear a beeping sound coming from my phone. Clays calling!

I answer and say "CLAY! WTF MAN! YOU HAD ME WORRIED SICK!". After a long pause i say "Clay? hello? are you there?". he still gave no answer. THEN HE HUNG UP! now I know I'm not his girlfriend or anything so I shouldn't care so much, but hey? what can I say? then i franticly text him (AGAIN) hoping for a response from him. *Beep!*

I check my phone immediately and, I did get a response. But not from him.

goof💞- hey y/n dis JD i have clay fone rn.

y/n- why? is he in jail?! DID HE GET HURT?! IM ON MY WAY!

goof💞- whoa jeez no dude nun of em i js wned 2 tell u im droppin him off at ur place for the nite

goof💞- but DAUMN clay name 4 u on his fone is "y/n 💌💝💗💖💓💞💟❣️❤️‍🔥❤️‍🩹❤️🩷🧡💛💙🩵💜🤎🖤🫰🫀♥️💕🫶" - EVERY SINGLE HEART MY GOD!

JDs comment made me blush like crazy! ( i can tell its him bc of the horrible spelling) but, for now i guess, I'll have to wait for clay to come over.

After 10 min i heard a knock followed by repeated doorbell ringing. CLAY! I race towards the door and let him in. but, something seems a bit, off. As he walked through the hallway, he stumbled and caught himself with his sturdy hands placed slightly above his knees.

I helped him up and he says " Y/n! oh hey baby mamas!" clays always been funny like that. making up names to call me for fun. But still, somethings off about him. before I could finish my thought he places his soft, warm hand on my cheek.

"u-ummm..." i say. at this point I'm a whole 3 shades darker. he fiddles his thumb back and forth on my face, looking me in the eyes, while his are fully dilated, he says, "How did i come to meet sucha, absolutely gorgeous girl like you?"

I had already caught on. He had been drinking and he smelt like cheap beer. But still! i walk him over to your couch. get him a pillow and blanket, with a warm cup of milk. i hand him the cup, "Thank youuuuu!~" he says with a wide grin on his rosey cheeks.

just as i start to go to my room, he gets up and grabs my wrist. "I need to talk to you." "Clay, your super drunk and you need some sleep." he pulls you closer and whispers in your ear, "Pleasseee? Just gimme a chance."

Flustered, i follow him back to the living room.

he sits down and pats his hand on the spot next to him, signaling for me to sit down too. we start off talking about un-relevant things for hours, laughing and just having fun with each other. After a while clay turns to face me. i do the same to him. Now he's not as drunk as he was but he was still pretty drunk.

"y/n..." he says with one foot up on the couch, his arms crisscrossed resting on his knee, I do the same and say, "Yeah?..." what did he want to tell me?

"Can i kiss you?"

i kinda jumped and my eyes widened. Did he really just say that?

"s-sorry, that was really uncalled for, I-I can leave if you want me to." he says getting up off the couch. but then I pull the same move he did to me. i grab his wrist and tell him, "Stay." then i pull him closer and whisper in his ear, "Just give me a chance..."

He sits back down and tells you, STRAGHT UP. "I'm madly in love with you y/n, i always have been since the day we met." immediately I am frozen, all I can do is stare at him in awe. "Same..." I reply. looking into his caring eyes. "So... you'll be okay if I do this?"

"Do wha-" he pulls me into a kiss, that felt so, genuine. our lips sinking into one another's. it felt like a kiss that could last forever, but we both pull away after a while, giggling our foreheads still touching. "Ha, I bet I taste like a drunk, sorry."

"a kind and considerate, serious, caring and handsome drunk."

he turns red but grins and intertwines his hand with mine while saying, "Can we stay up a little later?"