Dinner with Reita

After a long tour around Asia and Europe, the GazettE was absolutely exhausted. Everyone but Kai. When they were finishing up their tour in Bangkok, Kai was sad that they couldn’t travel more. But he could tell that the members were getting tired of being around each other for so long. So he had a plan in mind.

A couple years back, Ruki said that he always wanted to go to Dubai. But since he never had the money or chance to, he couldn’t. That’s why when Kai was thinking of places to go with the band to relax, or more as a reward for getting through the tour, he thought of Dubai. Now, buying tickets from Japan to Dubai was really expensive, Kai himself was surprised. But with personal funds, he somehow managed to pay for 5 plane tickets.

He had to surprise his members somehow. Luckily, Reita’s birthday was coming up in a week and a half. He could take them all out for dinner, using Reita’s birthday as an excuse to surprise them all. So, a week later, Kai called all of them to make plans for dinner. Expectedly, Reita was busy with all of his family and friends wanting to celebrate with him as well. But they all came to an agreement to have it the Monday before.

When they all got together for dinner that night, it was a BBQ restaurant, Reita’s pick. They sat down and began eating. When their dishes got cleared from the table, Kai clasped his hands together and let out a large sigh that told everyone that Kai had something to say. He then cleared his throat. “I have a gift, uhm, for Reita, but also for the rest of you for getting through the tour.” He handed Reita an envelope, which made all of them think it was money, but when Reita opened it, he had a disappointed look on his face. The other members slowly looked over to Kai who was rightfully confused.

“Why did you give me this?” Reita said, squinting his eyes. And this was not a reaction Kai was expecting. He expected him to be excited and for him to show everyone and then they all started cheering and thanking him. But instead, Reita was really disappointed and everyone else was concerned. “We just got off from a year-long tour, and you ‘surprised’ me with even more travel. And even worse, with all of you.”

“Well, where’s the trip to? Maybe then we can all be a little more excited when we find out.” Aoi said to an upset Reita.

“It’s a trip to Dubai.” And those were the words before straight chaos, drinks and food going everywhere. Ruki stood up so fast that he flung everything-literally everything-off the table and onto everyone sitting. Ruki slammed his hands down onto the table and stared at both Kai and Reita.

“IT’S A TRIP TO DUBAI???” Ruki yelled so loud that the people in the restaurant who weren’t already distracted by the earlier commotion looked over to their table. Everyone was now looking at them.
“Ruki sit down. Ohmygodthisissoembarassing..” Uruha started mumbling to himself out of embarrassment.

“It’s a trip to Dubai?” Ruki asked, calmed down.

“I thought that it would be a good idea to go, to celebrate another one of our tours being finished. It was a way to refresh all of us. I didn’t know you would hate it so much, Reita.” Kai looked down, sad but also embarrassed.

“Oh.. well.. I-” Reita had felt bad. It was true he did not want to go, even if he were paid, but he thought his reaction earlier was a little too mean. “I mean it can’t really be too bad, now can it? I didn’t mean what I said earlier, Kai.”

This itself perked up Kai’s attitude completely. “You really mean that??” And thus, with an annoyed Reita and an overjoyed Ruki, the GazettE and the trip to Dubai began.