Prologue - Where am I?

The shadows swallowed him bit by bit, mixed with the cries of laughter. Why was he being laughed at? He didn't have the slightest clue. All he remembered was someone punching him straight to the stomach.

Now, he could no longer smile but just accept the laughs given at him. That was not all. He was falling down to what seems to be nothing, more like a void of emptiness. The devils stare at him like filthy piece of trash.

He gulped with a terrified look locked on his face. Did he deserve something so evil like this? If he were to recall, he'd never done anything villainous once in his own life. But there is where it hit him. He was a thief at a city called Tokyo. But changed due to his father's death. There was only one problem. Amnesia was the problem.

"Alex." A frightening voice called out to him. A voice where it reaches heaven and also hell. Voices of the demons who succumbed to the darkness. Alex was his name, a sixteen year old who desires nothing but a good life with a good future. A typical dream for a normal student like him.

Alex looked around. Nothing's being shown except the darkness around him.

What is this place? I don't really remember how I got here. He thought for a moment before talking to the unknown demon. One thing was bothering him and its this place.

"Who's there? Please tell me how long I've been here." Alex said, worried that he might be trapped here forever.

The demon kept quiet for a few seconds before finally talking. He began getting self-conscious about his well-being. A villainous laugh came out from the devil.

Tears came out of Alex's eyes. It was indeed true that demons aren't exactly the best in socializing with goodies.

"If this leads to somewhere people fall, then please end it quickly. Seeing nothing from below makes me scared about what will happen. So just please end it." He said, still crying.

"At times like this you should be screaming forever. Are you resisting?" The demon asked.

"Inside of me, there's someone screaming. But I won't do it from the outside." Alex now knew that the tears in his eyes fell down inexplicably fast. He had to cover it with his hood from the jacket he wore. A sound of a tongue clicking made him look in front of nothing.

"Is this really the end? Some people call it death. Whereas everyone has a purpose in life then dies at the very end with many achievements in life." For a lost one, he was a very mindful person with a lot of thoughts.

"Boy, are you willing to die here? Or finish something that you're not even aware of?" Again the demon asked him. Alex wiped off the wet tears invading his eyes. Now, he really demanded for the demon to show its very presence. In truth and honesty, he's pissed.

He can't remember anything even if he tried hard, so far this is the new memory he has right at this very moment. Two, he's in a place where everything in life is gone except him. Three, he's fighting with a demon. And four, he's falling. Probably in a deep abyss.

"What do you mean about finishing something?" He hesitated at first, but decided to go deeper into conversation. Maybe, this'll help me remember something. But this is a demon, I've never met one in real life, until now.

"You'll understand it yourself once you're out of here. Besides I'm not really the one to help humans at all." The demon smirked although Alex can't see it quite clearly.

"Am I even going to die here?" He said to himself.

"Boy you're such a bother. All I can say now is you'll live and your name is Alex." He widened his eyes after hearing that. He could've sworn he heard it a million times, even at birth. But shook his head and continued on speaking.

"If I'm not going to die here. Then where am I going exactly?"

"Figure it out yourself."

A blue circle appeared on the very bottom of the black void. Alex gritted his teeth in a scared manner. Once he saw mountains, puffy clouds, and strange looking birds inside of the portal. He stared, amazed at what he's seeing right now in his very eyes.

"Bad luck to you Alex." The demon said before Alex finally departed away from the demon's place of emptiness.