Chapter 51- Charles

It was Friday after practice in Hungary, and Charles hadn't slept since he ran into Ethan, he felt sick to his stomach at hurting Eleanore, and that he couldn't even tell her why. He had spoken with his manager, Nicolas, to try to come up with a solution, but even Nicolas had agreed to just go with it for now. It hadn't made Charles feel any better, he had hoped that his manager would say Ethan was bluffing. Hearing that it was best for Eleanore and her reputation if he stayed away hurt, but he knew how hard she had worked and wouldn't be the one to destroy that. He knew he needed help, but wasn't sure who to go to. If he told Pierre he knew that it wouldn't stay secret long, and he couldn't risk that. He sat in his hotel room thinking about who could possibly help him, he thought back to the last few months, then it hit him. There were three people who would likely help, they already helped her before...

Toto, Fred, and Christian.

Christian surely owed her after all she had done to help him, toto and Fred hadn't hesitated to stand up for her about the affair rumours – so Charles thought they would likely want to help with this. He just needed to be able to meet with them, without anyone finding out. That was tricky – the image of him talking to another Team Principal would spark rumours about his future. He decided that it would be best if Fred was the first one he spoke to, and if Fred was the one to arrange the meeting with Christian and Toto. He didn't know for sure if they would help, but he hoped, and hoped that if they could fix it that it wouldn't be too late for him and Eleanore - that he wouldn't have destroyed it completely. He ran out of his door, not wanting to wait a minute longer to try to fix this, and straight to the door of his Team Principal, knocking on it as quickly and loudly as he could. Only stopping when Fred opened the door with a confused and annoyed expression.

Fred: Charles, why are you knocking on my door?

Charles: I need your help... can I come in?

Fred quickly moved out of the way to allow Charles to enter his room. He had known Fred a long time, and knew that he had never gone to him this way, so Fred would be quite worried – which he was. Charles didn't waste any time in telling Fred everything – from the beginning. Fred tried to avoid the driver love life drama as much as possible, but this wasn't that. This was another Team Principal threatening to destroy someone. Fred was beyond angry – rage did not quite describe his reaction either. Charles had never seen him this way.

Fred: he is a worthless piece of... ok, we have to fix this.

Charles: we need help.

Fred: we need Toto and Christian.

Charles: I was hoping you would say that...

Fred: Toto for the brains, Christian for the...

Charles: devious mind?

Fred: honestly? Yes. I will call them here now.

Charles watched as Fred called Toto, it didn't take much convincing to get the Mercedes Team Principal to his room, Christian, however, had been harder to convinced. Charles realised that Christian only agreed once Fred made it clear it was for Eleanore. Both Team Principals arrived not long after, and been equally appalled and angered to learn what Ethan was planning. Charles understood that all three Team Principals already knew about Eleanore's previous dealings with Ethan, and was glad he hadn't had to betray her confidence and tell them that. Christian was the first to speak.

Christian: It wouldn't surprise me if he was cheating on his partner now.

Charles: he told Eleanore he was divorced.

Toto: he is engaged.

Fred: wait that girl is his fiancée?

Toto: which girl?