Chapter 60 - Eleanore

Charles: I love you Eleanore, I have loved you since that night by the pool in Bahrain, and I don't want to pretend I don't anymore. Please tell me I am not too late...

Eleanore hadn't been expecting to see Charles, she had been trying to forget him, and failing. She had never for a moment thought he would show up here, she had never allowed herself to imagine him saying those words to her. She wanted to say the exact right thing back, but she had no idea how to put what she felt into words. Taking a deep breath, she looked at him and began to speak.

Eleanore: You are...

Before she finished her sentence she saw his face drop, and she wished he had more patience. She placed a hand under his chin to lift his face to look at her. She looked into those beautiful eyes and spoke softly, hoping he would understand exactly what she meant.

Eleanore: Just in time.

Eleanore smiled and her heart felt so full when Charles eyes searched her own with so much hope when he heard the final three words and understood what she meant.

Charles: really?

Eleanore: yes.

Charles: so I haven't lost you forever?

Eleanore: no, you haven't lost me at all.

His arms wrapped around her waist and he picked her up – spinning around – she smiled and laughed. When he set her back down his hands went to her cheeks again and he began kissing her – Eleanore felt she could happily get lost in his kisses. They had been even better than she had imagined, and she knew she wanted to spend the rest of her days kissing him. Her mind was running at a thousand miles an hour, and her heart was beating even faster. He loved her – the way she loved him. She wanted to stay in that blissful moment for as long as possible, but their kisses were interrupted by Charles' phone – he ignored the first few notifications, but then it began ringing.

Eleanore: answer it Charles, I am not going anywhere.

Charles: you promise?

She could understand why he wanted the promise – they had both messed up so badly before they had even started. She nodded, and kissed him softly.

Eleanore: I promise.

Eleanore watched as he pulled his phone out of his pocket – looking at it with annoyance, shaking his head.

Charles: Pierre... what could possibly be so important right now?!

She liked that he was annoyed about the interruption, she was annoyed at Pierre, but couldn't help but think if he was trying this much to get a hold of his friend it must be important – and she hoped that no one was hurt or in trouble.

Charles: no I haven't read the messages from Fred – I have been doing more important things.

Her eyebrows raised at the last comment he made, and she decided to have some fun. She kissed his cheek and then leant to whisper in his ear that wasn't holding the phone.

Eleanore: does that mean kissing me is more important than your Team Principal?

She watched as he turned to her, smiling. He covered the microphone on his phone, kissed her quickly and whispered one word in response:

Charles: definitely

The butterflies in her stomach were working overtime, and she was so beyond happy, she was certain her smile could be seen from space it was so big on her face. She wrapped her arms around his waist, leaning her head on his chest, feeling at home when he wrapped his free hand around her, and kissed her head. Such a simple gesture, but one that made her feel truly cherished. She couldn't hear Pierre's side of the conversation, but Charles didn't seem anxious or worried – so she told herself no one is hurt. Knowing Charles well enough that if someone he knew was hurt or in danger he would drop everything to be there. She stepped out of his embrace, which caused a confused and concerned look on his face to appear, she smiled and kissed his cheek, before taking his hand. She began walking back to her villa, he understood what she was doing and put his arm over her shoulder as they walked. He continued on the call with Pierre, finally getting a word in.