The Mask Breaks Away (Little By Little)

Juniper was digging through her bag for her notepad when she heard a small knock on the door.

"Come in."

Draco made his way into the room. He saw a large rectangle on Juniper's bed, and she was in her closet, digging through her bag.

"Hello!"

"Hey Juniper, Are you finishing up your work?"

"Well, sort of. I'm having writer's block, and at the worst time possible!"

"Well... I'm here for moral support."

Juniper sighed a long, tired sigh as she found her notepad.

"We can do our work together in the common room."

"Sure."

Juniper and Draco both sat down opposite each other. Draco, with a pile of parchment, and Juniper, with her laptop perched on her lap. Draco looked at the device on Juniper's lap with confusion.

"It's a laptop."

Draco looked at Juniper, startled.

"This thing, it's a laptop."

Draco just nodded and looked down at his pile of parchment. Juniper suddenly looked up with a grin. Her fingers flew over the keyboard as she narrated the introduction to her short story. She slowly slipped into a flow, forgetting the boy sitting opposite her. Draco, realising that Juniper was now lost, grudgingly began his 2-foot essay on Amortentia.

 After a while, Draco decided to go to the Great Hall and get them both some lunch. Juniper barely flinched when he got up and left. Juniper looked up only once Draco had returned. As she was a fast writer, she had neared the end of her short story. Draco offered her the plate, covered with a small napkin.

"Thanks, I didn't realise how hungry I was."

"No problem."

They ate in a comfortable silence. As they munched on their respective meals, Draco cast a weary gaze over his unfinished work. Juniper recognised the emotion.

"I can only offer moral support."

Draco laughed, a smile spreading across his face.

"And that's all I need."

As they both finished lunch, Juniper offered to return their plates to the Great Hall, giving Draco some space to think. She was walking through the corridor when she heard a familiar laugh that once made her feel safe now sent chills down her spine. She sped up, hoping she wouldn't notice her. But she did.