Chapter 4

"Are you doing you alright?" This time I wasn't much far from her, instead I was right in front of her.

I saw her after a week and this was the first thing I asked her...

I should be mad at her for just disappearing, I should ask her where she have been, why did she left me alone.

but how can I do that?
Who is she to me...
Apart from a beautiful dream.

I found her sitting there at the corner with her head on her knees.

Lost in her own world.

I walked closer to her and questioned "Daydreaming?" startling her in in her state.

She look up, the setting sun making her eyes stand out more.
I saw her pupil dilate as I Block the light reaching her face.

She stare at me for some time, replying 
"Yes" quietly.

"Yes to the first question or the second?" I joked taking a spot beside her, knowing well enough that she didn't heard the first question I asked.

As I sat down and crossed my legs on the cold tiles, I couldn't help but feel a chill run through my body. The temperature of the tiles seemed to seep through my clothes, making me wish I had brought a blanket or a cushion to sit on.

How long was she sitting here in this cold?

"Both" she replied, I smiled.
So, she did heard me.

For a brief second her eyes held mine before she starts to look at her hand which was settled on her bare feet.

"Your eyes say otherwise, they are telling me that you are falling apart" I told her and starts to look at the sky.

There was sadness and darkness in those eyes that even the bright rays of sun couldn't erase, I am sure everyone around her could tell that she wasn't alright right at the first glance.

It looks real, everything appears real but I know it's a dream.

I felt like if I will close my eyes, I would forget that this is all a my imagination but the next second I got scared that I might just woke up if I do that.

I don't want to wake up just yet.

"So tell me what's bothering you?" I pushed my question a little, My body seems to be adjusting to the cold now

"You believe eyes talk?" She asked, Encountering a question with a question.

She is smart or she thinks I am not. Either way I was glad to have her attention to myself, after 5 months of just listening to her and 1 week of missing her.

"Yes, eyes can never lie." I said as a matter of fact.

"Really" she was facing me now, her eyes appears to have a little joy.

"Yup, you can lie all you want, but your eyes tell."
I repeated.

"What about those who can lie through their eyes"

I thought for a while, her question got me thinking if those people exists or if I have ever been fooled by them

"Those people are probably rare" I started
"Mostly criminals, or professional liars. you know, Who lie for a living"

Her laugh blooms up into the sky, shaming the Cotton clouds that were passing by.

I roll my eyes, what so funny about that. I have never seen anyo-

I turn my face to glanced at her and forgot to look away. My thoughts got interrupted.

She hides her half face when she laughs, I noticed.