Prologue

It happened so fast, one moment my Dad was begging me to step down, and the next, I watched as the sky got further away from me, and the road nearer. 

"Step down Tavora, we'll think this through, please!" My dad pleaded, I smiled, he was far, he wouldn't get to me fast enough.

Tavora, it meant 'misfortune'. My grandmother named me, because I had killed my mom. I killed her right at birth. She hated me, so did everyone else.

My dad loved me, or I convinced myself he did so I had a reason to live.

But he showed me he didn't, he was marrying again. With all the problems in my life, my father never thought how I would fucking feel.

I told him, I told him I didn't like her the moment I saw her.

She reminded me of my mother too much, the same eyes, the same slender nose, pale skin. Almost everything about her seemed as though she tried to be my mom.

Even fucking calling me what my Dad called me, 'Princess'. I asked my Dad to stop calling me that after she did, that's how bad it was, or how bad I was.

It didn't matter now, did it? I was going to die anyway. My grandmother might laugh when she hears.

"Suicide? I knew the girl was a coward right from the moment she came out, the nasty brat."

She would tell my Dad he spoiled me, gave me everything I asked for.

"Look at how she turned out, such a waste of your precious money." She would say to my Dad.

And there were my friends. Who liked praising me for my goddamn money. I wondered how they would react. Maybe fake cry a little, they always do that.

"I never expected this! She was the best person I've met! My condolences go her family."

I had no fucking family, did I?

"Catch me, Dad." I asked him, taking a step back before I felt my knees wobble, and I fell.

Maybe I died, because I felt myself falling faster, 

My world went white.

I don't think I woke up.