Chapter 2

"Princess, you keep zoning out, how do you concentrate in school?" My Dad asks, worry clear on his face.

"It's college, Dad. And I do fine, it's just something I do when I'm bored." I reply.

He nods and unlocks the door, but not before looking at my clothes in pity. He knows I'm depressed, he's done a lot to change me, but it's just not possible.

I give him a kiss on the cheek and walk away, hearing his car leave.

Entering college feels the same as everyday. The same faces, in different clothes. 

I look for the people who tolerate me best, Beatrice, Madeline, and Eva. Or, better known in school as, Bea, Maddy, and E.

I spot them in our usual corner, huddled around a girl. The girl was crying, and Bea was threatening her. 

"Shut up! You want the teachers to hear you and suspend us don't you?" She asked, the girl shook her head and cried quietly, her hair in E's hands.

"What's all this about?" I ask, if I appear interested, they'll tell me. If I don't, they'll hate me.

"She was snooping around Adrian's locker, this little bitch." Eva replies, while Bea slaps the girl. 

Adrian, my supposedly boyfriend. I never accepted him, but I never rejected him either, it was him who did everything.

He asked me out, because I used to look better back then, I would dress up to my level. Famous,  branded clothes and all.

That was before depression said Hi.

"Leave her alone, she doesn't look Adrian's type anyway." I want Bea to stop hurting her. 

Bea pushes the girl and she stumbles, quickly getting up and walking away.

Just as she walks past me, I hold her wrist. "What's your name?" I ask.

"Sam, Sam Rodriguez." She replies, pulling free of my hold and running away.

"I think she had a love letter for him." Bea coos. Sometimes, I feel she cares more about my relationship than I do.

"No one cares. It's time for class." Maddy whispers. She's the quite one. Never physically hurts anyone, unlike E and Bea.

She always keeps to herself, but she isn't depressed, because she smiles more than I used to back when I was still normal.

Maybe that isn't proof enough that she isn't depressed, but like she said, No One Cares.

We walk into class, and I ready myself for another day, filled with miserable teachers and emotionally insensitive students.

Our Science teacher is already there when we walk in. He's the most miserable of them all.

With his bald head, dull eyes, and slow voice, he catches nobody's attention.

I stare out the window instead. That's all I do in class recently, Stare out the window, sleep, or have an argument with one of the teachers.

I stare at the dried garden of our college, the flowers are withered, and the leaves are brown. There is mud all around the huge tree in the middle.

There children from maybe 8th standard playing Hide and Seek around the tree. I want to smile, because when I was their age, I was just like that.

At the top of my class, in everything. Sports? Even the boys couldn't beat me in any of the games. Academics? The students would cry with jealousy looking at my score. I was the swimmer representing our school in every competition.