Chapter 3

Bea makes sure we go to the most expensive boutique in the area. I am pissed throughout the ride there.

"I'm excited!" E exclaims. She loves these things, E and Bea both.

It takes half an hour for us to reach, because I drove, if it was any of them, it would take an hour.

_____________Half an hour later_____________

We've been here for 30 minutes. Maddy chose her dress, a simple frock with sunflowers on it, like she doesn't have enough clothes with flowers on them.

E took her time, but chose a dress that came to her knees, emerald green. It looked elegant.

I had chosen mine the second we walked in. It was black and reached just above my knee, full sleeves and loose.

Bea took the longest, about 40 minutes just for her. But I felt the dress she chose was worth it.

It was beautiful, a tolerable shade of pink, netted cloth around the sleeves. When she wore it to show us, I truly liked it, it hugged her curves and came to her mid-thigh.

I thought my dress was plain amongst all of them, but I always wore black to parties.

But E and Bea had other plans.

"Tavs, can you go to the mall next door with Maddy and get us all accessories?" Bea asks, I frown, but agree, handing her my card.

________10 minutes later________

I get a call from Bea, asking if we'd paid already. 

I say no, and they tell us they're coming over.

Five minutes later Bea and E join us, E walks in and her eyes wander to a metal chain, a heart in between.

"Oh my God! That chain is to die for!" She screams. Instantly dropping it in her shopping bag.

Bea chooses my jewelry, mainly because I have no taste in them.

Fifteen more minutes and we're done.

I drop them all in their homes, before heading to mine. I knock on the door, having forgotten my keys at home today.

"Finally, Amelia I've been waiting-" My dad stops, staring at me with evident surprise on his face.

"I thought you were supposed to be late Princess? Because of the shopping?" He asks, I step in and he looks nervous.

"Who's Amelia?" I ask, looking around, the house is clean. Vacuumed, I do that.

"No one. My mouth slipped." He answers with a laugh, not his own.

"Who's Amelia, Dad?" I ask again. He sighs and I close my eyes, hoping I don't have to hear what I might.

"She's my colleague, really nice lady. I've...called her for dinner." He says, his voice low.

"You didn't want to tell me?" I turn around.

"What? You'd marry her and bring her home? Then show her to me and say, She's your mother now?" Saying mother feels new on my tongue, and I wince visibly. 

Dad shakes his head, "It isn't like that Princess-" I cut him off, feeling bile rising up.

"Then what is it, Dad? You don't get it!" I scream at him, running up the stairs, I hear him follow me.

"Please, I have been lonely all this while just for you." Dad explains. But I hear nothing.

"You don't fucking get it!" I scream at him even louder. Dad finally loses his cool.