9-2: EGO TRIPPING AT THE GATES OF HELL

(For the love of GOD listen to the song above in the background in a separate tab, you won't get the same vibe.)

Gabriel was now on his last legs. He was near death, knowing his fate was inevitable at the machine's hands. For the Father’s light had been fully drained of him. He tried to crawl away from the machine desperately, to live just the extra second. The machine had purged all of the layers of Hell. The only living thing in Hell and Heaven was Gabriel. That thing couldn't be deemed alive. It was ruthless, bloodlusted. For it had killed the Prime Souls, The 4 Horsemen of The Apocalypse, and soon to be the Greatest Warrior of Heaven.

He kept crawling in the snow, for his hands felt brittle and broken. The machine kept following him, just walking. It didn't run at insane speeds like before, but decided to just walk. Gabriel panted and panted, out of breath.

His blood painted the white snow like a canvas, leaving a trail. Gabriel eagerly tried to grasp for life before giving out. He layed in the snow face up, leaving himself open. The machine eered closer, but Gabriel didn't care. He gave up, for he was finished. The machine put its revolver into its wings and insisted on using its arm. It pulled Justice and Splendor from Gabriel’s holster. Even if Gabriel himself lost the Father’s light, the weapons didn't. They coursed with Heaven Energy and into the Child of Man. It lifted up Splendor and swung at Gabriel’s neck, decapitating him.

V1 finally killed Gabriel after all this time. “Huh.” It thought to itself, now curious what to do now. For its purpose was to kill, which its purpose was complete. All of Heaven, Hell, and all the life above was killed. Or so it thought. V1 remembered reading something in one of the terminals that said this Father left us. V1 looked back down at the Archangel’s corpse. It felt no remorse or emotion, but it had some sort of bond with the man in the suit of armor. For he was the only one who gave V1 a true fight. V1 materialized its red arm and started digging into the ground with the claws. It dug until the hole was around six feet deep. V1 put Gabriel’s corpse into the hole and buried him. It grabbed a few nearby sticks in reach and used the nail gun to keep them together in a cross. V1 inserted over the grave. V1 stood back, its glowing golden optical sensor staring down the burial. V1 walked off, now in search of more blood. Where would it find more blood, it pondered to itself for the time being. Mayhaps it could use the leftover blood in the corpses, yes. That could serve it well for now.

“When all the leftover blood from the deceased has vanished, what will I do afterwards?” It thought to itself. V1 lingered on this subject, walking in the barren wastelands of Treachery. It held the swords of Gabriel in its bloodstained hands, Justice and Splendor. It held them high, feeling the Father’s light course it's mechanical body. It walked all the way to the Hellevator, which was much much much farther than the others. V1 finally entered it, to see no pit. V1 wasn't surprised, it killed all of Hell and Heaven after all. Where could it go? Not like anywhere could contain its mechanical wrath. V1 turned to the yellow terminal. It opened the holograms that came out and listened to the song that played, catching its full attention. It didn't go to the Cybergrind or check for new weapons or new enemies like it typically did, but just listened. It captivated it. V1 sat down next to the terminal and rested its head against it.

V1 had never once been docile in its life. It was always killing or attacking, never sitting down and listening. For a machine had no soul, as it was nor sinner nor Hellborn nor angel. V1 just sat with its wings ruffled. It had put its guns away, now feeling meaningless. V1 never knew it could feel, always thinking wire and circuit could never feel emotion. After all, that is what V1 is, isn't it? Just a piece of hunk? Scrap? A thing? No, it couldn't be. V1 shrugged this off. It thought for a second and contemplated. “I must find another purpose. There must be one more.” V1 then looked back at the Father it read about. What if the Father had made another recreation of Hell, and perhaps fooled Heaven to try not to follow him. V1 did now have Justice and Splendor in its hands now, could this potentially be how Gabriel teleported and maybe even the key to the Alternate Hell? V1 humored the thought before shrugging it off. However, the theory could be true. Did V1 know how to achieve this? No, no. It didn't. V1 lingered on the thought for a while before deciding to save it for later and making sure to remember it before shutting itself off temporarily to save energy.