Chapter 290

A/N: This will be the last chapter that I upload today. I'll try to update tomorrow or the day after tomorrow since I'm quite busy. Thank you for understanding.

For any grammatical errors, kindly comment on that part so I can edit it. :)

Happy reading, everyone!!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Pregnant...?"

Someone's muttered words echoed in the quiet dining room.

Uhmm.

I thought everyone would be surprised, but the atmosphere was more serious than I expected.

As expected, they're people from my family.

Looking to the side, Perez was sitting there with a very nervous face.

He told me to let my family know first.

When the conference was held, the young emperor, who skillfully led hundreds of nobles to his own will, was now in a honeyed silence.

"Yeah, it's been about 8 weeks."

I deliberately nodded my head with a light tone.

Clang-grang.

There was the sound of heavy dishes falling on the plate.

My grandfather made the noise while getting up so quickly from his chair that it was about to tip backward.

After handing over the title of head of family to me, the eyes of my grandfather, who had been enjoying his retirement life and seemed to be at peace, were burning for a long time.

"Hey, you!"

My grandfather pointed at Perez with his trembling fingers and shouted.

"You're not even married yet! You, you!"

The fact that Perez was already the emperor of the empire seemed to have been completely erased from my grandfather's mind.

No matter how much he is called a grandson-in-law, isn't it too much for Perez, the emperor?

Shouldn't we stop him?

I thought so for a moment, but unexpectedly, Perez sat still.

No, he just lowered his eyes and said it with a sweet face.

"That's what happened, Grandpa."

"What? How can you do that?"

However, Perez's attitude seemed to have fueled my grandfather's anger.

"I knew it from the beginning! I've known it since the moment he wandered next to Tia! Such a wolf!"

We'll be in big trouble if we do this.

I slowly moved the wine glass placed in front of my grandfather toward me.

I was worried that he might even pour wine on Perez's face out of anger.

Sure enough.

My grandfather's eyes quickly scanned the table.

There was still a half-full glass of water in front of him, but it didn't seem to be enough.

It was then that my grandfather's eyes caught on to his dog, Ralph, playing alone behind the table.

Although it has not yet become an adult dog, he was a dog whose name is specialized in hunting and security.

My grandfather pointed to Perez and gave an order to Ralph, who was lying down comfortably but woke up in surprise at the sudden loud noise.

"Bite him!"