𝑻𝒆𝒏

"ᴛʜᴀᴛ's ᴡʜᴀᴛ ꜰʀɪᴇɴᴅs ᴅᴏ"

"To my eye, the demigod is the more dangerous creature."

"Sure it is." I stood up from my sit and pushed Percy's arm away when he tried to hold me down. "And if you don't leave right now I'll show you exactly why." I flashed a small dagger that I forgot I had on my belt.

She chuckled. "See what I mean. Violent." She said as we continue to stare in each other's eyes until, Percy pulled me down.

"Stay calm." He whispered to me. I don't know how this kid is doing in it, but he makes me feel like nobody has ever done before. When he talks to me everything becomes a little calmer, I feel in peace. He truly is different.

"Take you two for example." Echidna pointed at me and Percy. "You," she said to Percy. "are just finding out what you are capable for doing and you," she turned to me. "have no idea how to use your power. Two powerful beings, maybe too powerful, who don't know what to do with their abilities can only cause destruction. If I exist for anything, it is to stand in the way of monsters, like you." That's nonsense I know how to use my power, I know I can move the earth and talk to the dead, I'm not sure how to control them but I sure know what I can do. If anyone's the monster here that's her, not us.

"My little one here. She's just a pup now. Bless her hurt." She said crouching down to look in the bag with the growling creature. "Today," she turned back to us. "you will be her pray." Percy and I shared a worried look. I don't know what she is talking about, I won't let anything happen to them, I won't fail another quest. "Are you afraid yet?" The thing in the bag became more eager to get out by every word we were saying.

"Listen, screwball." I stood up again and took a step closer. "We're not afraid of you, or your little dog in that bag."

"Oh, you should be." With that the zip from the bag opened and before I could even turn around something stung me on my back and I flew on the ground.

"Leda!" I heard Percy's voice, but everything was spinning around me. I looked up and show Annabeth in the hand or more like tentacles of this thing. She stabbed it and they helped me get up as the police chased us.

My back was really hurting but it felt better than it did a minute ago. Annabeth blocked a door behind us so the police couldn't follow us, giving us a minute to stop running.

"Lea, you're okay?" Percy looked at me worried once we stopped running. He then spun me around to see my back. I winced when you pulled something off of me. "Sorry." He said and I turned around to look at him, before I could see what he had pulled out, I notice that he was hurt too.

"Hey," I said and pulled something that looked like a needle of his shoulder. "what's that?" I then noticed that he was holding one too, the one he took out of my back.