Chapter 4

Joshua and Gwen decided to go watch a movie. After they got popcorn to share and 2 drinks, they sat down in their seats. About 20 minutes into the movie Joshua put his arm around gwen. She started to get nervous as she didn't really know Joshua but after a while she relaxed into his touch. Once the movie finished, Joshua walked Gwen home. They walked in silence but it was a good silence.

“You know? I had a great time today. I'm happy I got to know you Gwen, "Joshua said, breaking the silence.

“Me too josh” she replied.

When they got to her door they stared into each other's eyes as if they were in a trans. Josh stepped forward and they both leaned.

Just before their lips could touch Dylan, Gwen's brother, opens the door and clears his throat to get their attention. Once they are both looking at him he holds out his hand and says “hello i'm dylan gwen’s older brother” as josh went to shake his hand he pulled him closer and said “break my sisters heart i will break your neck got it?”.

Joshua’s eyes widen and he rapidly nods his head then says his goodbyes before leaving.

“What was that for!” Gwen said once they both got inside.

“What, I'm just protecting my little sis. What's wrong with that?” Dylan replied.

“I don't need your help. I'm 12 years old,” She answered.

“You did when dad was-” Dylan stopped when he saw Gwen had tears in her eyes.

“Don't even go there”

With that Gwen went up to her room and locked her door and cried. She didn't go down for dinner nor did she answer the door when her brother knocked; she just sat there behind her door waiting for something to happen. She didn't know what but she knew something was gonna happen.

Straight after something hit her window causing her to jump up from her original position.

“Hello?”

                                                             ...