Truth or Dare

The three best friends sat down on the floor in a circle, their legs crossed and their Goodnites exposed. Kristen, always the daredevil, spoke up immediately. "I'll go first." Amber, relieved, looked expectantly at Kristen. "Okay, truth or dare?" she asked with a grin.

Kristen hesitated for a moment before making her decision. "Dare," she said boldly. Amber grinned. "Alright, I dare you to... give Rebecca a piggyback ride around the room!" She gestured around them with a sweeping motion, encouraging Kristen to get moving.

They kept the questions and dares silly and lighthearted for a while, until every trace of shame and anxiety was gone. But as time went on, Kristen couldn't shake her ever-growing curiosity. When Rebecca pick truth, she decided to ask one of the burning questions that had been on her mind for years.

"Alright, I know this is a sensitive topic, so first I need to know... is it ok to ask questions about... about the pull-ups?"

Rebecca felt herself blush. "Well... I'm still super embarrassed about it... but I know I can trust you guys... and I mean, what you guys are doing for me right now is probably the nicest thing anyone's ever done for me, so I guess the least I can do is be open with you."

Kristen, still afraid to push her friend too far, prompted her for a clearer response. "Are you... Are you sure?"

After a brief pause, Rebecca reassured her. "Yeah, I'm sure. Go ahead, ask me anything you want."

Kristen was still hesitant. "Ok but if you change your mind... promise me you'll tell me. I'll drop it."

Rebecca laughed, "It's ok, just ask me! Or else you're gonna lose your turn!"

"Ok," Kristen said, reassured by her friend's laughter. "Have you ever..." She felt her face get hot as she built up the courage to ask her questions, while her friends stared at her in anticipation. "Do you ever... use your pull-ups? ...I mean I know you use them, but I mean like... when you're awake."

"You mean... use them on purpose?" Rebecca asked nervously.

"Yeah." Kristen, feeling more and more embarrassed, began to backpedal. "I'm sorry, that's a weird question. You don't have to answer that."

Rebecca, determined to keep her promise to be open, fought her nervousness. "I mean... yeah... sometimes."

"Really?!" Kristen could no longer contain her curiosity. She stared at Rebecca, waiting for more details.

Rebecca wasn't sure why Kristen was so curious about this, but she kept her vow of honesty and openness. "Like... Ok, here's the thing. I don't... wet... every night." It felt strange saying this to her friends. She had never talked about her bedwetting to anyone aside from her mom and the doctors. "So sometimes I'll wake up and I'm still dry. And if it's like a weekend or something and I don't feel like getting up just yet... I mean I'm gonna throw it away when I take it off anyway..."

Kristen couldn't believe what she was hearing. This was exactly what she had been thinking about for years, and the care-free aspect of it seemed so enticing to her. Still overtaken by curiosity, she pushed for more. "What does it feel like?"

Amber, not wanting to push Rebecca over the edge, decided to step in. "Alright, Krissy, you had your question. Move on."

"It's ok, Amber. We always allowed follow-up questions," Rebecca reassured her. "And this clearly means a lot to her." She teased Kristen. "Well... I don't really know how to describe it. It feels like peeing I guess, but then it's warm and it spreads out all over. Then it like swells up and gets all squishy and stuff." She looked over at Kristen, who stared at her intently, eager to hear more. "It's kinda weird. It feels... wrong I guess? Like it feels like you're just gonna make a mess, but when you're done everything's fine. The sheets are dry and it's like nothing happened." She paused, hoping Kristen would be satisfied with her answer. "I don't know what else to say, this feels like Creative Writing, and you know I've never been good at that."

Kristen snapped out of her daze. "You're right, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to push you like that. I guess I'm gonna pay for it now." She took a deep breath. "Go ahead."

A mischievous smile grew on Rebecca's face as she spoke. "Truth or dare?"

Kristen took a deep breath before answerinf. "Dare. And don't hold back, I deserve it after that."

"Well..." Rebecca thought for a moment. "You do seem pretty curious about this... and I've seen you drink like four glasses of juice since we've been in here..." she glanced over at Amber, who seemed to know exactly what was coming. "I dare you to pee in your pull-up," she said as she turned back to Kristen. "...right here in front of us."