Five

"I'm sorry, Aleena, but the baby is no longer in the womb." My doctor said. I was laying on the table and Jordan was right next to me. I sighed and sat up before letting myself out of the doctor's office. I sat in the car for about ten minutes before Jordan followed me out. "Why did you leave me to deal with that? You know I know fuck all about this." I rolled my eyes and had my arms crossing my stomach. There was no reason to stay because I already knew what to do. I knew the reason I was bleeding, the cramps, the low energy...everything made sense. "Drop me off at Prince's house. He wants his hair done." I knew that would convince Jordan to leave me there for the rest of the evening.

Jordan dropped me off and I walked to the front door of his house to knock on the door. I grabbed the key under the mat and opened it to see the Paisley staff was there taking care of cleaning. She had headphones on and didn't even know I was there which was fine with me. I walked past her without her even noticing me and walked straight to his bedroom. There was soft music playing and Prince was asleep on his side. His hair was to the length of his shoulders and some of it was on the other pillow. "Prince." I whispered as I sat down. I rubbed his side and he opened his eyes. "Aleena, what's up? What are you doing here?" I shook my head. "I need a hug." I said with my voice cracking. Prince sat up and I put my arms around his neck before he put his arms around me. "What happened? What's wrong?" I sobbed. "I just...I just want a steak." He loosened his grip. "What? Baby, no. We're vegan right now, remember? It's to help you keep a baby." I shook my head. "I don't think it matters." He had no idea I was pregnant before this. Something told me I would lose the baby. "I just...want a steak." Prince pulled away some. "No, Aleena. You've been doing so good with your diet. You can't fuck it up now." He pulled away angrily and walked to the bathroom. "Prince, please." I said wiping my tears. "I...I need it. The doctor said my iron is low." I thought maybe he'd get it then, but now. He washed his hands after using the bathroom.

"Aleena, it's been sixty days since we've had meat. You can't fuck this up. You told me to keep you in check while you did this. I even decided to do it with you." Prince was fixing his hair in the bathroom mirror. I curled up on his bed. I was starting to cramp again. I closed my eyes but I could feel him staring at me from the bathroom. I heard his feet walking towards me before he knelt down to stroke my hair. I opened my eyes and saw his stubble. He was growing a beard, too. A tear slid over the bridge of my nose and I sniffled. "I lost the baby." I said softly. His eyes widened. "You were pregnant?" I nodded. "Found out nine weeks ago today..." I said. Prince moved to lay next to me and I pulled the covers up so I could get warm. I stared at the ceiling. "I'm not a woman. I can't be a woman if I can't reproduce." I said. He stroked my hair back from the top of my forehead and back. "Aleena, don't say that. You are a woman." Another tear fell and Prince rested his head on my shoulder to hold me. Our legs were tangled and he knew just how to calm me down.

Prince picked his head up. "Look at how beautiful you are." He said with a slight smile. "I'm not. I feel and look like shit." "Not true. Look at your eyes. They're beautiful even when they're red from crying. You have the most beautiful hazel eyes." I giggled a little as he touched the tip of my nose. "Jordan was mad because I left the hospital abruptly...but I wanted to confirm what I already knew. As soon as I saw the blood in the shower, I knew what was wrong. He was saying it was something else and I almost took myself to the doctor, but he took me. I saw the screen and...the d-doctor said it." Prince scooted up so he could lay half on top of me. My head was hurting and I think he knew. "Let's get you that steak. I might even get a grilled chicken breast." He said. I shook my head. "I feel light headed. Can we just order it?" I asked him. "Whatever is easier." He whispered before kissing my cheek.

When dinner arrived, Prince carried me to the dining room where we could sit and eat. Jordan hadn't called, and I was too tired to try and contact him. "I really don't like Jordan anymore." Prince confessed as he was eating. He was avoiding his chicken breast. I didn't respond and was trying to cut into my steak. I felt bad for eating it in front of him, but he wouldn't leave me alone in a room by myself. I wouldn't be surprised if I had to take a shower with his back to me in the bathroom. I was surprised when Prince took the knife and fork to help me cut it. "No, this isn't right." I said taking his hands. "You're never going to eat it if you keep trying to cut it." I started to cry again. When he had cut a good bit of it I started to eat, while still crying. Prince was holding one of my hands to soothe me. When we finished eating we cuddled in his bed. I had no idea what would take place just six months later.