1. The Unexpected Visit

Knock. Knock.
I looked up at the direction of my door and saw Jane standing by the door.
"Lana, you have visitors. " she said
"What? Visitors?"I said startled.  I was not expecting amy "visitors" (Yes plural ) at this time. Yes, you spoke with Dad earlier, to inform me that he's in town for a meeting and asking if we could have lunch together.
Meaning his in LA by himself.
Scrunching my forehead, I asked Jane. 
"What do you mean visitorsss??" I said emphasizing the "s".

"It's your family.  Your Dad, Mom and siste. " Even Jane is puzzled that I didn't know that my family is visiting.  I've have never seen them for so many years and now they are suddenly here in California for a visit. I can smell something fishy. Still surprised by your Mom's and my sister's unexpected visit, concealing my emotions is impossible. 
Knowing Amanda Pricilla Davenfort and Natalie Sophia Mary Davenfort are here. I don't know if it is surprise or shock that I'm feeling right now. I haven't seen them since I left Atlanta. Is there someone's in the family who have died? Oh my God, please no. Silently praying for a good reason for their visit, I forgot Jane still standing by the door.

"Is there something wrong, Lana? I thought you were aware they are coming. Should I tell them you're in a meeting?" Even Jane is surprised with my reaction.

Shaking my heads I told Jane that I'll see them. " No it is okay. Can you please bring them to the conference room? I'll be there in a minute." Taking a deep breath, prepared my self for the facing my mom and sister. I closed my laptop and rearranged the scattered envelopes, papers and whatnots on my table.

Jane nod and left the office immediately. Being our secretary for 3 years, Jane knows what to do without supervision.
Cece and I built this company from the ground up. We didn't even imaging that we will be in the wedding industry.  Planning, organizing, helping lovebirds to plan their most important day of their lives.

I can remember it all like it was yesterday. I came to LA 5 years ago. Cece was my roommate the first time I came to LA. Her first roommate moved in with her fiancé so she posted an advertisement for a new roommate. She immediately let me move since she needed someone to share the rent.
To make the story short she became my best friend and business partner.
How this wedding consultant/planners started?

It was 3 and half years ago, we attended Cece's first roommate's- Lindsay, wedding. It was a total nightmare.
Lindsay's wedding dress was accidentally ripped by her mom. Good thing I know some sewing skills since my sister is taking up Fashion Design. (My sister and I were very close back then.) The reception got flooded because last night's rain, they forced the reception to shut down. Fortunately, a friend of Cece is a hotel manager.  To tell you the truth, it was a guy she used to date, but they are now friends. He agreed to hold the reception to the hotel's indoor garden. One wedding guest got so drunk even before the reception, accidentally spilled the red wine to one of the flower girls. We manage to clean up the mess but the damage is r
already done. The flower girl's white dress turned into pink. Total disaster. I don't really know how Cece and I pulled that wedding off but all in all, Lindsay and her husband, Paul was satisfied with our rescue mission,they suggested that we consider it to make it a true profession.

At first, we started from a small. From Cece and Lindsay' friend, to friends of their friend, until out business grew.  We were able to lease a small wedding studio. Complete from wedding coordinators, to gowns, djs, make up artist, caterers, all your wedding needs. It's more like a wedding one stop shop.
Since the business grew, we were able to hire 3 more employees. In a span of 3 years, we have clients from simple brides to A list stars.
Cece and I are really proud of what we have achieved.