2. Big Sis as M.O.H

My sister's announcement came without warning. Maybe not to my parents but to me, it caught me off guard. Is this how much I've missed since I left 6 years ago? My sister is to too young get married! She's only 22 for Petes sake! I didn't even know if she pursue her fashion design course or took up something else. Oh god. I'm such a bad sister!. I didn't even know what's going on with her life! I'm so wrapped up with my life here in LA I didn't bother to check on her. How is she making this big life decision so immediately. It's like she haven't think it through. I didn't even know her fiancé's name!? What kind of sister am I??? The world's worst definitely.

Still in state of shock, I forgot how did we get in the restaurant. Then I remembered Mom suggested to go to Craft for family lunch to catch up.
Cece didn't bother to come with us since she said it's a family affair. She stayed at the office and told me to text her if I needed any help.
20 minutes later we were now seated at the restaurant reading the menus. I Still don't know how to start this wedding conversation, so I just stared at the menu.

To break the ice, Dad just asked the most cliche question.

" So honey, how's work? Everything good? " Dad asked me while sipping his wine.

Mom and Dad sit across from us.

"Yeah. It's good. Everything's fine. We are kinda busy since we have 5 wedding events this month and 3 16th birthday celebrations. " I said nodding to Dad.

"Good. Just don't stress yourself too much. Maybe it's time for you to hire more employee. So you don't have to handle all the events yourself.  After all your business is doing great." said Dad.

"I think thats a good idea, Dad. Cece and I can't handle all the events especially when the event dates overlap. I'll talk to her about making Jane an event manager.  After all she's been with us for 3 years. She knows how to handles this things. " I will definitely talk to Cece about promoting Jane as event manager. After all, I trust Jane. I know she will do a great job even with her eyes closed.

But Dad looked at me with suspicion. He knew that I want to ask my sister what is she thinking getting married this early.  She's just turned 22, now she wants to get married already?
But I still hold my tongue. After all I think I'm not in the position to burst her happy bubble. I've never been there for her for years. How do I know what's best for my baby sister?

I'm still pre occupied with my thoughts I didn't realize the waitress was asking me what will I be having. I just ordered the chicken salad and cranberry beans.
After she wrote down our orders she told us she will come back  for the drinks and appetizers.

Drumming my fingers to the table, I careful thought what will I say to may sister. Of course I cannot say:

"What were you thinking!? You are too young to get married! Are you ready for this big step? Are you sure you're mature enough to make a decision that will affect the rest of your life? Are you sure this is what you really want?"

I cant take it any longer. I have so many questions to ask he. So i faced and asked Sophie but the only words came out were:

"You're getting married? To who?"

Really Lana? You were having conversation on your head, that's what you're going to say to your sister? You can't event fake your enthusiasm. Hope your sister didn't notice.   

"To Michael Dunn. " She was so in love. So was so giddy with delight just by saying his name.

My sister is so swept up with her fairy tale she forgot what an ass Michael Dunn was. He's my age. 8 years her senior and the biggest cheater when we were in high school. He practically dated half the women during that time and dated 2 best friends Jessica and Sarah at the same time.
Oh god. I have to say something. Before my sister makes the biggest and stupidest mistake of her life.
But instead, all I can say was;