Druken Haze

Why couldn’t I have ended up with someone  who was polite, charming, understanding and not just a rich, brooding businessman who wouldn’t even know how to fullfill the basic terms of a contract

I clearly told Atharva Kapoor that I won't attend any of his good for nothing social gatherings until and unless I recieve a prior notice.

It was my first time showing up unannounced at his workplace, the last time I was here I had an appointment with him where I ended up with a contract marriage.

I was worried if I'll be allowed inside without an oppointment but his secretary was smart enough not to stop me. I mentally praise her for the good job.

I knocked on his door a few times but it went unanswered so I step inside the room.

Just when I walked into the room, oblivious to the tense situation. I saw Atharva's angry face and Daksh looking happy. I immediately knew something was wrong. 'What's going on here?' I asked, looking between the two of them.

Did I disturb them? I wonder but Daksh seems happy at my arrival.

What did this khadoos do now? I watch Atharva glaring at his little brother.

"Yes bhaiya, why don't you tell bhabhi." Daksh said dramatically, throwing an arm around my shoulders.

Atharva's face turned even redder and he scowled yanking Daksh's arms off me, "Nothing, it's just some work stuff."

Daksh continued to tease him, "Oh come on, don't lie. Who the hell smiles at their work?"

"Mind your own business, Daksh. You don't know anything about my work"

But Daksh wouldn't back down and was determined to tease Atharva.
"Bhabhi, I'll tell you. Actually he was-" Before he could complete his sentence Atharva jolted towards Daksh grabbing and twisting his arm behind his back.

"Ouchhh Ahhh aahh bhaiyaaa." He yelped in pain and I immediately held Atharva's hand asking him to stop this.

"Leave him Atharva, he'll get hurt."

He immediately leaves Daksh's arms and corrects  his clothes.

"Leave within next five seconds or I'll call mom and tell about your late night parties to her." Atharva growled.

"One, two... " Daksh quickly runs from the cabin after saying, " Byee bhabhi".
A smile formed on my lips. He's the sweetest Kapoor brother without a second thought.

"What are you doing here?"
Tingles of alarm ran down my spine, while I preserve every instinct of my body that screamed at me to slap him across his beautiful face. But instead I look back at him and give a beautiful smile.

"Thought of having some fun with you." I don't know why I said this but Atharva's reaction to my reply seems to be quite pleasing. He has a small smirk on his face with his one eyebrow raised and looking direct into my eyes.