New Relations

Alisha's POV

As the sangeet function wrapped up and guests made their way to their rooms, I found myself checking on the food arrangements for the next day. Ahaana had convinced me to cater the event, although our restaurant had never done catering before. But for my best friend, I couldn't say no.

I was so busy with the preparations that I had barely eaten all day. And now, with mehendi drying on my hands, dinner seemed like a distant dream. As I inspected the ingredients, I reminded a worker, "Bhaiya, please double-check the ingredients before you go and if anything's missing, let me know before you leave."

"Yes Mam," he replied dutifully.

Suddenly, the room spun around me, and I stumbled, my legs giving out. Before I could hit the ground, a pair of arms enveloped me.

"Alishaa.... are you okay? "

"Dammit"

My head was buzzing with voices, and everything was a blur, until I felt cool drops on my face, jolting me back to reality.

"Aish! Thankgod! Are you okay?"

I finally focused on the face in front of me. "Yes, Daksh, I'm fine now," I managed, trying to steady myself.

"Sit here," he ordered, pulling out a chair and handing me a glass of water. "Here, drink it."

Now that I was feeling much better, I couldn't help but ask him, "What are you doing here?"

"I was looking for you," he replied casually.

"Me? Why?" I inquired, raising an eyebrow in curiosity.

"For this," he said as he picked up a plate from the table that was perfectly hidden beneath another one.

"What's this?" I asked, instantly intrigued.

"I know you haven't eaten anything tonight, so I got this for you. Can't let my girl sleep on an empty stomach," he quipped.

"Daksh, you really didn't need to do this," I protested, feeling touched by his gesture.

"Why not? And may I know why you're skipping meals?" he questioned, looking at me with concern.

"I had mehendi on my hands, didn't want to trouble anyone, so I thought it's better to skip it," I explained, showing him my patterned hands.

He examined the mehendi closely and then jokingly said, "Your lover's name?"

I rolled my eyes and retorted, "There's no name. I don't joke around with these things."

With a small smile, he nodded.

"Chalo dikhao, kya laye ho khane me?" I asked curiously.

Excitedly, I exclaimed, "Pav Bhaji?" My eyes gleamed with hunger.

"I know it's your favorite, so I got this for you. Now come on, quickly open your mouth," he said, feeding me with warmth and care.

"Have you eaten?" I asked him, feeling appreciative.

"Uhh y-yeah," he mumbled, trying to deflect.

"Stop lying! I know you haven't. Eat now ," I demanded, as he sneakily took bites in between.

With a mischievous grin, he revealed, "I have one more thing for you," presenting a bowl of Gulab Jamun.

"Darn, how does he know everything about me?" I thought, amazed at his thoughtfulness.

He made me finish everything and was ready to get more, but I pleaded that my stomach couldn't handle more.

"One last bite?" he insisted playfully.