The Ace Card Is A Traitor

The entire time Yuu sat in their seat in class, they felt like they were waiting for their executioner to come, and chop their head off. Eyes bouncing from one side of the room to the other, their hands twisting itself. It was only when Ace turned around to meet their eyes that Yuu physically stopped themself from panicking.

"Look what I got." Ace handed the opened letter in his hand to Yuu, annoyed at whatever was contained in it.

As they received it, Grim pawed their hand closer to his height and began reading the letter, "Dear Ace, thank you for being a good player in our club. But please come on time for practice-" Grim paused to laugh at him, pointing an insulting paw at him, "Been skipping practice, huh?! Oooo, now Jamil's on your tail~"

"Shut it, you ugly furball," Ace spat, the letter from Jamil getting thrown by Grim into his face. "Ugh, all of my 'love letters' are from our seniors asking me to behave. Talk about a massive snooze fest."

Yuu stared at him playfully, "You'd think you might appreciate the effort of writing a letter, putting it into a mailbox, and waiting for Cater- sorry, I mean the committee to deliver it to none other than yourself."

Ace returned their stare, "I hope you get a cursed letter from Azul senpai."

"Now that's just cold, Ace."

"You want me to write you a letter as an apology?"

Yuu glanced at their pile of letters, "No, thanks. We don't need to read a kindergarten level of writing."

"You little shit-"

"Shut up, minions! I see a letter for ME!" Grim squeed, quickly ripping the letter open with his claws. Ignoring Ace's mutter about when did he become one of Grim's 'minions'. Instead of reading it out loud, however, Grim squinted, giving the letter to Yuu instead.

"Uhh..." Yuu took it, unsure of what exactly to do other than to read it for themself, "'Dear Grim, the magnificent coat on your agile, and petite body light a desire in my heart to give you affection that goes beyond the cosmos. Signed, your blue knight. Always looking from afar'... Ok, then."

"I understand none of that." Grim pouted, "Boo, when am I gonna hear a good love confession??"

"Count me in," Ace sighed. "This place is such a downer in terms of love. Everyone's either doing this or some disgustingly sweet friendship note."

"I, for one, actually think that platonic relationships are cute." Yuu stared at Ace from the corner of their eyes, "And I thought you were over love-"

"Not when it's someone else's!" Ace snapped back quickly.

"...No need to shout." Both Yuu and Grim replied after they looked at each other, before back at Ace, clearly judging him.

A mere scoff was Ace's reply before turning his back against them.

With nothing left to do, and no one else to tease, Yuu grabbed a single letter from the pile. It was the one on top, and the one with the least effort put it in, judging by how it's not even properly closed. The paper only contained a few neatly written words.

Thanks, herbivore.

"Charmed," Yuu replied, as if Leona could hear them.

"You got a lot of letters there, Yuu!" A sweet voice entered their ears, yet it was the exact voice Yuu didn't want to listen to that day. And as Yuu looked up, lo and behold, Deuce was standing around their desk, the biggest smile on their face.

Grim jumped when Deuce spoke up, "Gah! Where did you come from??" His fur standing up.

"Oh, sorry! I didn't mean to scare you!" Deuce handed a letter to Yuu, "I just wanted to give you this."