A new quest begins

Percy recruited some of the strongest demigods he knew.  First he convinced Piper McLean to join the new quest of finding Annabeth. She was part of the seven demigods that took down Gaea. Piper was the daughter of Aphrodite, and she was stronger than she looked. Frank volunteered to come along on the quest right away.

Frank was a strong demigod with a unique power to shape shift into any animal he desired. 

The three of them said there goodbyes and headed off. Piper wondered where they would look first so she asked Percy, "where are we going to look first?"

"I want to head to camp Jupiter to see if they have heard anything, or have some clues about where Annabeth could be?"

"That sounds like a good idea I'll send a message letting them know we will be heading there", said Frank.

Percy already missed Annabeth and he wondered if Annabeth felt the same way when he went missing back when they were teenagers. 

They took a taxi and traveled through New York  they made it to new jersey by night time. They stayed at a motel for the night.

The trio order a pizza for dinner. They sat around a small table and ate the pizza. It was a supreme pizza.

They talked about the problem at hand.

Piper said, "what do think happened  to her?"

"I don't know its strange for her to go missing like this", said Percy

"We should have got Nico on this quest, he's good at finding people", said Frank.

Percy was thinking. Nico had said that he had some business to attend and that he wouldn't be able to come on the quest. Nico said that he would keep an eye out for information on Annabeth. 

After dinner they all headed to bed. Percy tried to sleep but couldn't. So he decided to go for a little late night walk. He went to the lobby of the motel. There he found piper sitting on a lounge chair. He made his way over there and took a seat.

"Couldn't sleep either", said Percy.

"Yeah I've been having trouble sleeping...ever since....um... what happened to Jason"said Piper

"I'm sorry it must of been really hard on you".

"No, no need to apologize. Its just been...a little tough with him not around anymore".

Piper was sad thinking about Jason. A few small tears streamed down her cheek. She knew she had to stay strong, because it would be what Jason would have wanted. Ever since he died all she felt was sadness and pain. She decide to take on this quest to try and keep her self distracted or occupied. It had been over half a decade since he died an she was still sad over his death. She knew she had to move on and break away from the past. 

Percy felt bad for leading the conversation into a bad direction. He felt that he was making her remember something form the past that shouldn't be brought up. He noticed the sparkle of her tears as they fell down her cheek. 

He decide to try and comfort her. 

"Are you okay Piper?", said Percy

Piper didn't know what to say to that question. She just didn't know what to say but how she felt.

"I don't know I just...miss him so much...I-I loved him and he just .."

The tears started pouring out of her eyes. Before she knew it she was sobbing.

Percy decided to give Piper a hug. It just felt right. A good hug was what both of them needed after what they both have been through. 

Piper felt Percy's arms around her. She was feeling emotional. So many things had happened to them and this hug felt warm. It felt right. It just felt right. She cried on his shoulders.

Percy started to shed a few tears just thinking about Jason. Jason was one of his best friends and it pained him as much as it pained the others. He whispered in a soft  voice as tears poured down his face. 

"I miss him too"

Percy didn't know how long they hugged for but they both decided to sleep on the lounge chairs so they weren't alone.

The next day they woke up early and left the motel. They made there way out of New York and on to the next state. They stopped at a small diner in a small town.

They all order some burgers to eat. Then they discussed their game plan.

'We should be able to make it to camp Jupiter in about two days" , said Frank

"Yeah we need all the help we can get", Piper said.

Percy noticed a teenager walk in the diner. He looked about 17 or 18, he had a pale face. He kinda reminded Percy of Nico. He had a bad feeling about the kid. Percy looked away and he could sense the boys eyes on him. He decided to go to the bathroom to see if the kid would follow. 

Percy waited and within two minutes the door opened. 

"What do you want? And who are you?", said Percy

"My name is Daniel, and the thing that I want is for you to die"