7. Echoes Of The Silver Past

Shirou & Michiru entered the room and Shirou closed the door behind them. Cold. Shirou's room was cold, but what else do you expect from a September evening? The soft glow of a lamp illuminated the room. They moved towards the inviting sofa, and sat. Shirou's silver hair caught the subtle light from the lamp, while Michiru held the book in her hands, tightly. The room seemed to hold the weight of untold stories.

-•-•-
Shirou's Tale // 1

A very long time ago, Shirou was set on protecting all beastmen alike and getting revenge on the Sylvasta family. Often, he would go out in hunt, Shirou's many journeys led him to the strangest of places - through dense, enchanted forests, where towering trees whispered ancient secrets to him or in places that were hidden from the eyes of ordinary beastmen.

Centuries ago, embracing his role as the protector of beastmen, a strong threat came over a small town, with many different species of beastmen. Humans. Shirou recognised the immediate danger and took it upon himself to resolve it. In his silver, diety form, Shirou is a majestic and powerful sight. His fur took on a shimmering silver light, reflecting the moonlight with an ethereal glow. His eyes pierced everything that dared to look at him. With each step he took was accompanied by grace and power. It is himself that embodies the essence of a guardian, protector, a God. With that, Shirou slaughtered the hundreds of humans that dared to hurt the beastmen. His claws dug into each ones necks, piercing them, bleeding them out dry. His howl echoed throughout the lands, far and wide. The most perfect, beautiful howl.

And with that, all of the few remaining beastmen were enchanted by his presence, his power. This story would be told for generations and generations to come.

-•-•-

Michiru's eyelids were shut tightly, succumbing to the soothing cadence of Shirou's past. A soft slumber took over her. She lay, peacefully, on Shirou's sofa, her breathing was as quiet as a mouse, rhythmic and serene. Shirou observed her carefully, he couldn't help but smile. Warm. Everything was warm. It didn't last long though.
I'm going to outlive her, he thought, Everyone here in Anima-City will be gone. Another thousand years later.
His own thoughts brought pain to his face, even so a tear rolled down his face.
Everyone will be forgotten. And there is nothing I can do.

Shirou debated whether he should leave Michiru on the sofa or take her back to her bed. He didn't want to disturb her rest as she seemed deep in sleep. 11.34pm read his clock. He sighed and with gentle care, he lifted Michiru from the sofa, cradling her gently in his arms. As he tried not to wake her, each step was as quiet and tender as can be. Though, in another room, a loud, sudden noise from Kuro rang in his ears,
" SQWUARK! "
Shirou immediately glanced down at Michiru's face, checking if she was awake, he was half-expecting her to stir, though she didn't. He noticed her delicate features, softened by her sleep. He had noticed her beauty before, but never this close. He looked away and kept walking as if nothing had happened.

-•-•-

He carefully laid Michiru on her bed, ensuring that she was comfortable. She instantly reached out for the soft embrace of her duvet. She was fragile and precious. He gently adjusted the covers, tucking her in, before whispering,
" Good night, Mi. "

° Echoes Of The Silver Past °
1/2/2024
Enjoyed part 7? Please consider voting!