11. Guardian 'til The End

Michiru woke up. How did she get back to the beastman co-op? Where's Shirou? What happened to that elephant? Did that snake kill her? Was she just dreaming about that night?
She must have been whining because almost instantly Shirou opened the door. Michiru was on his cushiony-red sofa with a white, knitted blanket over her.
" Shi.. Shirou! "
He walked over to her and bent down so he was at her eye-level,
" Are you okay? " his gentle voice gave her instant relief of whatever pain she had. She nodded, his silvery-bluey eyes looking into hers. She reached out her hand from under her soft blanket,
" I'm sorry. I should have kept you safe but I never do. " He sighed, now looking down at the floor. Michiru understood the pain in his voice and she wanted to comfort him, so she did. She put her hand in his hand,
" Thank you. You did save me. What was with that snake anyway? "
His face lit up like a star, burning brightly. He was so touched by her thanks that he didn't even realise they were holding hands.
" They were a duo of crime. They were notorious in Anima-city about 2 years ago - they stole and captured. "
Michiru paused for a second, started to smile,
" That's us! We're a duo of solving crimes! "
He smiled slightly too, but his face immediately turned upside down when he noticed their hands. He moved his hand quickly away from hers and looked away.

Wh.. Huh?! I don't do romance or even just friendliness - it's not me. It's not the great Silver Wolf. Just, shut up! Shirou battled his own thoughts, Oh, you've made it awkward, just go.

" Oh! I'm sorry. " apologised Michiru, " I didn't mean to. "
He nodded and left after saying to rest well -
Damn!

-•-•-

Michiru neatly placed the pillows back and folded the blanket, leaving his sofa tidy. She grabbed her phone off of his desk, though, she noticed a small bowl, which smelt like vomit, and a water bottle - half drunk - beside it.
Did I throw up? She thought, confused, So.. Shirou cared after me over the night? And he's had to clean up after my sick, take me back here. Ugh! Michiru, what's wrong with you?

She looked at her phone,

September 21st, 10:13AM
• (4) Missed Calls - Nazuna
• Weather Update..
• (MESSAGE) Nazuna, Jackie, Pingua & 3 others.

It had been two days since that night - fighting those two beastmen. She hadn't spoken to anyone, well - except Shirou but she wasn't fully conscious at those times.

-•-•-
Shirou's POV // START: EP 10 (The Night Of The Fight)

After leaving the criminals, tied up, Shirou picked up Michiru, cradling her. Her breathing was slow and he felt her heart beat,
Boom. Boom Boom.
She will be okay, she will be alright! Everything is perfect - well not everything but mostly. Those traitor scum are going to be dealt with, lets just get Michiru safe.

-

He placed Michiru onto his sofa, so he could make sure to keep an eye on her, incase of any troubles. Her body shivered as she lost grasp of Shirou's fur against her skin.
He brought two cushion-y pillows and a soft, delicate blanket and tucked her in gently, stroking some hair behind her ears.
He couldn't sleep knowing Michiru was in pain so he just decided to sit at his desk and do some work.

-

" ERK! " Michiru had thrown up over his wooden boards. He sighed but without hesitation, he wiped her mouth with a soft tissue, even accidently getting some on himself, and cleaned it up off his floor. He brought her a small, light pink bowl, thanks to Ms. Melissa. He was dreadfully exhausted. He brought a small mattress and a water bottle (for himself) and laid it on the floor beside her.

° Guardian 'Til The End °
Enjoyed part 11? Please consider voting!