Chapter 20 ~ Fire World

They all fell and landed on their knees as they entered the world. And to their surprise, nobody was on fire. But the smoke from the near flames started to reach their lungs.

"Everyone keep your shirts over your mouths and stay low!" Jessica exclaimed from behind everyone, crawling with her fists in balls so they didn't burn.

"It's only a mile away, let's get moving.. and try not to talk too much." Alex muffled.

A mile and a few burnt knuckles later, they started to approach the fortress built from molten lava rock.

"This adventure just keeps getting better and better." Lukas said smiling under the cloth at the building.

"What is with you and architecture?" Petra judged.

"Are we looking at the same thing right now?" Lukas asked.

"Shut. Up." Jesse said with an eye roll.

Soon, they all entered the building, it was surprisingly cold. The inside looked nothing like it did outside, it almost looked like the order hall back at home.

"Let me show you guys around." Alex smiled, taking off her burnt shoes and putting on nearby slippers, also putting her sword on a stand.

"To your left we have an office/business room, and to your right we have to the sleeping quarters and the bathroom is in there, and there should be enough beds for all of us." Alex explained, passing through the halls.

"Then down here to the left we have a library and a living room and to the right we have the kitchen." Alex added, as she excitedly sped through that part.

"And finally at the very end, the arena." Alex said looking through the window.

Next to the window was a door with a couple stairs leading down into the arena. Half of it was filled with fighting equipment and stuff to make potions and the other half was for battling, you almost couldn't tell that the arena was inside.

"Woah." Petra said in amazement, "Can we go in there?" Jesse added.

"Please make yourself at home," Alex smiled, "Go ahead."

Jesse smiled and grabbed Lukas' arm as he ran to look at the equipment.

"Now what?" Nova asked shyly.

"Well i'll let you guys look around and rest up, tomorrow we will work on your super strength, i'm going to get changed." Alex said to Jessica.

"Ok." Jessica said looking out at Jesse and Lukas.

Alex then started to walk to the sleeping chambers.

"Girl to girl here, I feel like you're nervous." Nova said with a sigh.

"I gotta agree, how are you feeling?" Petra said putting her arm around her friend.

"I'm just- Why me?" Jessica asked moving away from her touch, turning around and sliding down the window, leaning against it.

"I don't know why, but i'm sure glad it's you. You're so brave Jessica and you can do this, we are here to support you." Petra said kneeling down next to her.

Jessica smiled at the girls as she got up and gave them a group hug.

"Let's go get ready for bed." Jessica said arms around Nova and Petra as they walked down the hallway.

...

The bed chambers weren't what Jessica thought it would be, the beds were spread out. Alex also had extra clothes for all of them for the whole week, Jesse and Lukas said there was a bunch of armor down by the equipment.