1

It was a typical day for the students of Titan Academy. Many arrived by car, train, bus (or the odd addition of biking there) or by walking if they were lucky to live nearby.

A black, muscular car pulled up to the school and out the car stepped two twins, both similar in a way yet so different.
The blonde, JianHao, his hair swept on one side, got out of the car to endure his day of school along with his sister, Nicole. As they were about to walk, their butler Walater was calling them.
"bye kids! Hope you have an amazing day and I'll pick you up later. Wait Hao-"
"Sorry walater I gotta rush." And he bolted off, whilst Nicole shrugged at walater and dashed off with him.
Walater wasn't surprised, he would realise later.

JianHao and Nicole were just at the main area of the school where people would meet up, until Nicole said "I see my friends over there, see you in class."
Nicole's friends were mostly Vicky, Tasha, Pei Shi, Cheryl. JianHao mostly hung out with anyone but it would always be Vincent, Kevin (somehow) and Ren Yi Xiang.
Obviously they were the slackers, but somehow he wasn't an outcast.
Just then, Denise came over, her hair to one side and her face blotchy from running in the heat. "Hey! JianHao, I wanted to tell you something."
JianHao looked interested and leaned over to hear.
Just then, Vincent came over, his face an expression of jaunty and mischievousness. "Did I hear my two best friends? Why didn't you include me? Ok tell me what's it Denise."
"Well, it's between us." She and JianHao exchanged a look.
Just as Vincent would interfere, the bell rang. "Well Denise tell me this in class," and they both went off.
Vincent was confused at this, he didn't get why they were now together. Didn't they break up? And wasn't Denise his girlfriend? JianHao was with Maddy already.
He shrugged it off and went to class.

Class T1T5 was in session. The popular students, Abbey, Juhi, Hakim, Trev, Ben, Zachary and Jasmine were all in gossip. The clean girls, Nicole, Maddy, Vicky, Tasha, Diana, Pei Shi and  Cheryl were all together. The nerds (or the study buddies) Debbie, Julynn, Denise, Kevin and Ren Yi Xiang were studying. JianHao and Vincent came over to their study buddy group.
Teverley wasn't present. Nobody ever acknowledged his existence.
It wasn't as if he was there. He actually wasn't there.

Before - 5 mins earlier
Teverley was on his way to his locker, determined to see Diana. He already planned to go to lesson with her, but couldn't find her. Maybe he could explain to her...
Mrs Regna had come over, her heels clacking the floor as she made her way over to Teverley. "Can I talk to you for a minute?"
Teverley was already tense as he followed her. Now what would he tell Diana?
As she closed the door, Teverley sat upright in his seat. What could Mrs Regna want now? He'd already failed mr Alan and wasn't ready to do the same. After all, Diana was struggling with her scholarship.
"So," Mrs Regna started. "Teverley, you're a smart student, right? I have a plan for you, but you can't tell anyone."
Mrs Regna got a pendant and dangled it in front of Teverley. "This won't take a few minutes.."

Madam Soot Beng was teaching math (quadratic formula) repeatedly saying, frustratedly "HOW MANY TIMES? ITS NEGATIVE B PLUS AND MINUS A SQUARE ROOT B SQUARED MINUS 4 A C ALL OVER 2 A! WE HAVE COVERED THIS BEFORE!"
JianHao turned to Maddy. "I bet you she woke up on the wrong side of the bed," before madam soot beng's impending voice caught on them.
"JIANHAO! DO YOU HAVE ANYTHING YOU WANT TO SAY TO THE CLASS?"
Taking this as a sign, JianHao said no and proceeded to focus until a distraught Teverley came in.
"WHAT DO YOU WANT NOW!- Oh Teverley! Sorry about this, just find your sheets on your desk," Madam soot beng exhausted.
Teverley wasn't normal but not abnormal either. That session was weird.
Diana pulled him aside (when they were working and when madam soot beng needed a breather) and said, "Where were you? You ok?"
"Yeah I'm fine. By the way..." The bell rang and everyone around them packed up. "Mrs Regna came to see me. About my scholarship."
"Oh, is it alright?"
"Yeah, just an overview." Teverley felt more dismissive of Diana than usual, not the caring guy he was.
Was she supposed to be worried?