Chapter 14:Akoya

The curtains that hung from the windows were drawn shut to make sure no light would escape from it. The wallpaper was green and dreary. It added to the darkest of the empty bedroom. Sugar sat cross-legged on the ground. Her tail swayed anxiously as she anticipated Crimson's arrival. She hated the shadowy darkness that enveloped the room. It was suffocating and quiet. She hated the silence.

"Sugar Cookie..." Crimson growled as he entered the room. He coldly stared down at her and sighed. "I ain't gonna hurt ya. Most of what happened in the basement was just for show. I'm still piss though"

"So, Kill me then. Why are you hesitating?" Sugar snared

"You asking me to kill you makes me wanna do it less." Crimson rolled his eyes and sat on the floor with her. He lit a cigar and took a deep puff of it. "I shouldn't have brought you back here. I should have let my men beat your ass. But I spared you. I'm gonna give you a second chance."

"A second chance to work with you and your goons? Pass."

"You stupid bitch! I'm here sparing the rod for your spoiled ass and your being difficult!"

"I didn't ask to be kidnapped by an old pervert!" Sugar screamed

"And I didn't ask to waste time and money searching for a stupid whore who runs away to suck cowboy dick! For fucking free!"

"Striker knows how to treat a girl."

"Bullshit! His virgin ass doesn't know shit! You really want a man that rambles all the time about royals?" Crimson chuckles "I bet you only fucked around with him to feel a bit of power for once. So pathetic."

"Oh really? It's not as pathetic as you constantly clinging onto me every time you down a bottle of bourbon. You're a suffocating asshole!"

"Gold digging slut!"

"Abusive bastard!" Sugar scoffed.

Crimson grabbed her shoulder aggressively and pushed her flat onto the ground. His heavy body was now on top of her. Sugar gasp and squirmed from suddenly being toppled. Her wings flapped frantically as she tried to break free from him. They both looked into each other's eyes. There was a lot of anger and resentment between them yet they laid close. After a few seconds, the two imps started to laugh maniacally.

"You drive me so crazy that it's sickening. You know that?" Crimson chuckled

"I feel the same way." Sugar sighed. "You don't need to lie to me about anything involving the family business. I won't blab about it."

Crimson leans closer to her and strokes her cheek. "Ah, so that's the real reason why you ran? This is about me putting drugs in your purse? Fine. I'll give you the job of delivering drugs to the wives of my boys in addition to your escort work. That's your punishment. Understand?"

Sugar groaned "I don't wanna deal with those stuck up bitches"

"Too bad. You asked for it." Crimson smirked as his face was inches away from her. "You know, I like this ballsy side of you. Makes me wanna put you in your place."

It was obvious to Sugar what he was about to do but she didn't resist it. It has been a long time since she felt the weight of his body on her. Crimson felt heavier than what she remembered. The scent of his cigar and moonshine permeated off of his disheveled suit. There was a sweet comfort in his smell. It was hypnotic and addicting. She closed her eyes and readied herself to accept him. His kiss was aggressive and painful. His tongue pushed its way into her mouth and violently swirled around. This caused Sugar to whimper and suck on his tongue in return. Before things could go any farther, a knock could be heard at the door.

Crimson facial expressions shifted from one of amusement to one of annoyance as he pulled away from Sugar. "Who the fuck is it? It better be important."

A reluctant, yet familiar, grunt could be heard from behind the door. It was Alessio. He spoke with hesitancy in his voice. "Crim, The sapphire family is here"

"What? What are those assholes doing here? This is the worst time for this shit. Get the guns ready." Crimson exclaimed as he clumsily got off of Sugar.

Sugar pouted. She was irritated that the moment got ruined because of a sudden meeting with another family. She adjusted her dress and reluctantly followed Crimson out of the room. As they walked down the stairs. She was greeted by the sight of a group of spider demons lounging around the living room.

The largest male spider was spread out on the couch with his four arms wrapped around an incubus. The spider demon smirked as he looked over at Sugar and Crimson.

"Gray. The fuck are you doing in my house? On my couch." Crimson growled

"Come on, Crim. Let's put our past aside and have a chat. It's been so long since we've gotten to see each other like this." The spider demon, referred to as Gray, eight eyes all lingered on Sugar.

"I don't wanna chat with you. Get out before we get rid of you permanently." Crimson said as he moved his claws to the gun holster wrapped around his leg.

The incubus rolled his eyes and smiled at Crimson. "Oh no. We ain't looking for a fight. We wanna start a partnership with your family."

"And who the fuck you." Sugar said in a whiny tone and gripped onto Crimson's arm. It was clear to everyone in the room the instant disdain she had.

The incubus laughed. "Tart. My name's Tart. Don't worry girlie. I ain't interested in your senior citizens."

"I ain't gay!" Crimson shouts.

Gray chuckled "Anyways, one of your boys has been leaking information to us. So we took care of him for ya. Think of it as a peace offering between families."

Tart handed Crimson a medium sized box wrapped in decorative blue paper. "I'm sure you'll be pleased."

Crimson slowly opened the box. In it was a claw. A familiar sight that causes Sugar's body to tremble. The light gray skin and white specked tips had held her tightly many times. Leo Serana was dead.

Alessio immediately grabbed Sugar immediately by her shoulder to prevent her from doing something irrational.

"Ah, I knew that guy would end up being a rat. You boys got a deal." Crimson smirked.