Chapter 4:

Naira-

"What am I going to wear?" I scream.

Only two hours are left for the function, and I still haven't decided what I'm going to wear to THE REYANSH SHARMA's party!!!

My entire cupboard is filled with formal attires, casual tees, and pajama sets. How can I wear any of these to a celeb's party? The entire movie industry will be present there, and the paparazzi would be clicking their pictures. Feeling the pressure to make a statement and fit in with the glamorous crowd, I go through my wardrobe, thinking about what each outfit means.

Seeing me panic, Ragini suggests, "Hey, why don't you wear any of my dresses? Our sizes are almost the same." I felt relieved but still the question remains the same, What should I wear?

Ragini smiled and disappeared into her room. After another 15 minutes, she returned with a package. Curious, I opened it to find a beautiful white sari with silver borders and intricate silver embroidery. "Now, Miss Naira Roy is going to be the center of attraction at the party," Ragini says with a grin, appreciating her own choice of outfit for me.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reyansh-

I have never felt this uneasiness before. A day back, she was nothing more than a complete stranger to me. Today, it seems that she is an important guest. Sourav senses my distraction and says, "Sir, I have sent the driver to pick her up. Please focus on attending to the guests. I guess you will not want to upset the guests, especially the directors and producers."

"Isn't it taking too long?" I ask Sourav, keeping an eye on the entry gate.

"Sir, Mumbai's traffic, you know, right?" Sourav responds, explaining the potential delay.

"I think it's getting late. Rey, go and cut the cake," Sourav sternly says to me.

"Let's wait for another five minutes, please," I request him. 

"Rey, everyone is waiting for you to cut the cake. She is on her way; I confirmed it with the driver. Don't delay the cake cutting; your parents are there too," Sourav explains.

Suddenly, we sense a strange murmur among the crowd.

"Who's she?" 

"I haven't seen her before." 

"Maybe she's an actress from a television series or maybe from another industry." 

"She is beautiful, isn't she?"

"Happy Birthday," a familiar voice calls from behind.

I turn around. Is she Naira? I close my eyes and open them again. She is looking beautiful... actually, gorgeous. Naira's white sari shimmers with silver. She looks even better than I have been imagining for the past hour. She has a subtle hint of makeup, and her hair cascades over her shoulders.

"Can you see without your specs?"

 I immediately criticize myself for asking this.

"Well, I expected a 'Thank you,' though," she says with a playful smile. "I am wearing contact lenses."

Sourav started to laugh at Naira's frankness. "He has been eagerly waiting for you. So, he hasn't cut the cake yet," Sourav adds. 

"Okay, let's cut the cake," I say, feeling a bit embarrassed.Naira chuckles.

 How I wish I could gaze at her for hours!