C.29

Author note: Now y'all know from the beginning of this book it was Zac's drama and y'all read how Fatima handled it. Now the tables have turned and it's now time to see how Zac is going to handle some Fatima drama let's see if he can weather her storm.

My sister helped write this chapter Nyderaa  ❤️🫶🏽 and now I don't have writer's block no more 🙌🏽

Monday January 8th, 2029

Thank goodness! The holiday season is over, the kids are back in school, and Zac and Fatima are back at work full-time. However, Zac has been on daddy duty a lot lately so he's trying to find a balance between working and taking care of the kids. Fatima on the other handle has been constantly working and picking up double shifts at work because they are short staff and she's appreciative that Zac is willing to pick up her slack, but she knows she needs to ease up because she sees how it affects her husband and kids.

Emory hospital

"How are you feeling?" Fatima asked Kane, as she walked into his recovery room, sitting on the edge of his bed.

"I've been better!" He lightly chuckled, trying not to move so much since he's been recovering from getting shot.

"Thank you for taking such good care of me" He winked, giving her a warm smile, Fatima smiled back.

Kane and Fatima go way back, the two were great best friends years ago, but as life went on, they two kind of separated. It wasn't until a week ago, that Kane came in as a gunshot victim, after his surgery Fatima was his assigned nurse, immediately their chemistry made its come back.

The last couple of days, Fatima had been pulling doubles, just to make sure Kane was well, Zac didn't understand why she needed to spend so much time at the hospital but he was getting fed up, Fatima hadn't told Zac about Kane yet.

"Well you're welcome, but you gone get me in trouble if I spend another day here with you" Fatima said.

"Ian tryna get you in trouble or nothing, but it's just a friend looking out for a friend .. that's all T baby" Kane was referring to her to the nickname he used to call her back in the day.

"T baby?" Fatima laughed, "I haven't heard that in years"

" When I get out of here, I wanna take you out. Of course, as a friend, just for you helping me out" Kane said.

" I'm pretty sure I could make that happen, I just need to run these plans through my husband and we should be good"

"You have to ask to grab something to eat with a friend?" Kane looked at Fatima strangely.

"No, I don't, but out of respect and curiosity of my husband I'm going to let him know."

"Nah that's some passively control shit T, you shouldn't have to ask, if you were my girl the-" Kane try to say but Fatima cut his words short

"Good thing I'm not your girl" Fatima says standing up, her phone went off and she stepped outside the door to answer Zac's call.

"Hello Zac," Fatima says plainly. "Hello, Zac?" He mocked, "Yo what the fuck is your problem, I have been calling and texting you all day and you just now answering your phone"

"Zac would you Chill the fuck out! I'm clearly at work!" Fatima said irritable and rolled her eyes.

"Listen I don't know who and what got your full attention but I don't fucking like it! When have you ever not answered my calls or texts? Fatima, You do know you have a husband and THREE kids at home or did you fucking forget" Zac spat.