𝟢𝟢𝟩 | 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘩𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘳

Spencer: Emily!

Hailee: Em!

Aria: Em, are you up here?

Hanna: Emily?

Our voices echoed through the dim corridors, each call more desperate than the last, a collective plea to find our missing friend. We navigated the labyrinth of shadows, the urgency of our search amplifying with each passing moment.

As we halted in a darkened corridor, Spencer attempted to illuminate the surroundings, only for the lights to fritz and plunge us into an unsettling darkness.

Spencer: Um, why don't we split up?

Hanna: Um, why don't we not?

Her grip tightened around my hand, a silent acknowledgment of shared apprehension.

Aria: You two, you can come with me.

Spencer: Why do I have to be alone?

Hailee: Fine! We'll split up together.

Aria reached for her phone, determination etched on her face.

Hanna: Who are you calling?

Aria: I'm trying her until she picks up.

A faint cell phone tone resonated through the corridor, a haunting melody that guided us toward its source. We cautiously followed the sound, our footsteps echoing against the cold walls. The tension thickened as we discovered Emily's phone at the end of the corridor.

Hailee: Emily?

I took the lead, entering a dimly lit lab. The room appeared in disarray, scattered objects from the lab strewn across the floor, a chair shattered into pieces.

Hanna: Is that blood?

Spencer: Don't go there.

Aria: Why not? She was up here with Toby.

Hailee: Where the hell is she?

A collective sense of unease settled among us, a shared anxiety that whispered of unseen dangers lurking in the shadows.

Spencer motioned for caution, her eyes scanning the room for any sign of Emily's whereabouts.

~~~~~~~~~~

The following day, a somber atmosphere lingered in Emily's room. Cops stationed outside, guardians of a fragile peace we desperately sought. The echoes of the previous night's events reverberated in our collective consciousness, the weight of unspoken fears casting shadows upon us.

Aria: It was all in his shrink's file. Toby and Jenna had a relationship.

Spencer: Way beyond step-siblings.

Aria: Yeah, they... were involved.

Emily: Romantically?

She questioned, her eyes narrowing in disbelief as Toby's secrets unraveled.

Spencer: I doubt I'd call it romantic. I doubt she had much of a choice.

Aria: And that's what Alison saw when she threw the stink bomb.

The revelation hung heavily in the air, a clandestine affair that bordered on the grotesque.

Spencer: Yeah, and she threatened to expose Toby, which is probably why he wanted her dead.

Aria: And not just her... us. You.

Spencer: You don't believe us? And you too?

As she turned to me. Silence descended, the truth a bitter pill that strained our fragile bonds.