Nine

"Excuse me for a second Caius... I need to do something real quick. Wish me luck," I said

"Good luck," he chuckled.

I stood up from the table and headed to Jess. "You got your wish," I told her

"FUCK YES!" She yelled. The surrounding people by us turned their heads to us.

"Shhh shh shhh!!!" I said putting my hand over her mouth "nothing serious is happening. Im just going over for movie and popcorn," I said sighing.

"At least kiss him..." she said.

"No," I sighed.

"Please. Looks likes he needs it," she sang.

"I hate you. Goodbye. Ill see you at the hotel," I said and headed back over to Caius red faced.

Caius looked amused obviously hearing every word.

"How much did you hear?"

"Everything," he smiled.

"Fan-fucking-tastic," I said.

He chuckled. "Im not taking any of it personal darling. As I said I have family members at home who do the same," he said.

I nodded and sighs moving over to him.

He took my hand gently. I blushed again as he touched my hand. He led me to his car and opened the passenger seat for me. "Here my lady," he said.

"Thank you," I said getting in, buckling the seat belt.

He got in on the other side doing the same. Caius turned on the car and smiled looking at me. "Youre beautiful you know that right?"

"T-thanks," I said shyly.

He chuckled at it.

He began to drive. "What kind of music do you like to listen to?" He asked.

"Mainly Taylor Swift, some Avril Lavigne," I said

"Whats your favorite song?" He asked.

"Bigger Than The Whole Sky," I said as a matter of fact.

"How come?"

"Its really meaningful for me. My grandma died October 20th 2022 and that song came out three hours after she passed. I feel like that song was meant for me," I spoke quietly.

"Im sorry," he said very quietly.

"Its okay... it was two years ago. Shes living in my memories," I smiled slightly though sadness was there. "What about you. What kind of music do you like?" I asked.

"Well it just depends on the day. Mostly classical or anything with piano. Nothing rock or metal," he grimaced.

"Your favorite song?" I asked.

"Um... I dont know," he said shrugging. "I can't think of one right now."

"Whats your favorite movie?" He asked.

"I like Twister or Dantes Peak," I replied. "You?"

"Thats a hard question," he paused. "Ive seen very very many movies in my lifetime," he said.

"Excuse me. Youre only 7 years older than me so you cant have seen that many more movies than me," I said.

He paused for a long while "Brigadoon," he finally said.

"Briga-what?"

"Brigadoon," he chuckled.

"Never heard of it," I said.