𝑚𝑒𝑙𝑎𝑛𝑐ℎ𝑜𝑙𝑦 | 𝑗.𝑚

PAIRING: jj maybank x fem!reader

WARNINGS: abuse

GENRE: angst

SONG INSPIRATION: capsize by FRENSHIP & emily warren

WORD COUNT: 652

you were on your way back home from comforting kie, words couldn't describe how infuriated you were with john

you were on your way back home from comforting kie, words couldn't describe how infuriated you were with john. how could he just ditch her like that?

tiredly trudging towards your front door you were met with a figure slumped against the steps to your house, squinting your eyes struggling to see with the lack of light, but soon realised that it was jj.

gasping as you ran towards him, dropping your bag on the floor in the process, lightly shaking his shoulder as you knelt next to him.

"hey beautiful, how you doing!" a weak smile appearing but disappearing as soon as it came, grunting as he moved himself to sit up straight.

"jj how long have you been sat here for? god i wish that you would've messaged me!" gently pushing him towards your bedroom window trying not to get questioned by your concerned parents.

they didn't mind that he was here, no they loved him. it was more the fact that he was all beaten up. you both finally made it quietly into your room with only a few groans from the blonde.

you pointed towards your made bed with a stern look earning a eye roll from him. he didn't protest you helping him, knowing he needed the help - doing what he was told he laid and waited as you got the supplies from your bathroom.

this wasn't the first time this had happened; cleaning up jay i mean, he'd had gotten into tons of fights throughout the years, he would often stand up for pope or himself.

there were also the unfortunate circumstances where his dad would hit him, blaming jj for his mother leaving. you don't think the lack of love at home helped with the brutal fighting.

but there you sat in front of your taller friend, apologising every time he would flinch away from your touch as you carefully wrapped the bandage around his ribs.

once you were done you moved over to his bloodied face, large bruises a colour of black and blue littered around his face.

your head full of worry, no matter the amount of reassurance you got from the boy, it wouldn't help ease your mind. he didn't deserve this, nobody deserves to be treated as horribly as this.

you blinked away the tears that were threatening to fill your eyes, offering a soft smile. one of your hands carefully cupping his jaw whilst the other cleaned the cuts on his face, his eyes closed when you finished patching him up.

you held his head in both of your palms placing a light peck on top of each of the bandaged injuries.

your thumbs moved to brush against the skin of his cheeks, jj's eyes now opened looking deep into your own, seeing the hurt in them broke you.

"i'm so sorry this keeps on happening jay. you of all people don't deserve this." your words wobbly as you pulled him into your embrace, staying like that for a long while, crying together until the sobs turned to sniffles.

the both of you deciding it was time for bed, helping him change into a different pair of clothes that he kept in your wardrobe since he stayed over so frequently.

you turned off the lights before joining him in bed, sliding under the covers behind him, your face pressed into his back with your arm slung over his waist.

not a word a word was spoken between you as your fingertips traced patterns against his hip, just being there for him.

it wasn't long until you heard his breaths even out into slow, calm huffs. you followed not long after.

when you both woke up in the morning he was back to his usual happy self, but you knew the truth behind the persona he put on and you'd be there beside him...just like you always were.