t h r e e

t h r e e :

Two weeks later and gossip was everywhere about Luke not sleeping with anyone.

Everyone wondered aloud how he could be abstaining from his favorite pastime; but they mostly wondered, why wasn't he sleeping with girls?

They wondered if he had lost his sex drive or if he had contracted a STD, and some even wondered if he had become gay.

And I just sat there and couldn't decide on an emotion.

I wanted to laugh, because he was wasting his time; I would never sleep with him.

And a part of me was worried as fuck.

Because this means he was serious.

And that was the last thing I wanted. For him to be serious about liking me.

Because I knew that he was getting serious, Calum had to know as well.

I could tell that already things were getting tense.

I didn't want to talk about it.

And Calum didn't want to talk about it.

Oh but Luke. Luke wanted nothing more than to talk about it.

In fact, Luke couldn't shut up about it.

"So Lia." he'd say, "When am I gonna be able to take you out."

I'd groan in disgust, but he'd keep pressing the topic.

And that's the thing about most guys. They just don't know when to quit. Especially Luke.

Calum had told me that he and Luke had stopped talking after a huge fight he and Luke had. But he wouldn't tell me what was said.

"Nothing for your pretty little ears kitten." He told me.

But I wanted to know.

And the only way I was going to know was if I asked Luke. And no way on earth was I about to ask him.

Even though it bothered the shit out of me that I didn't know.

"C'mon Lia, I know that you wanna go out with me. Who can resist?" He told me with a cocky smile.

"I can." I combat, "Luke, you may be a bad habit, just like drugs, but since I've never taken you, I'm not addicted, therefore I can resist. Asshole."

And that shut him up.

At least for 10 minutes.

That's how long it took for him to come up with a comeback.

"Well Lia, I know you like pleasure, but if you want the ultimate pleasure you just have to be willing to try."

"Like I'd ever want to try you."

"Do I seriously have to beg Lia? I know you're still with Calum, but I know I could make you happier than he ever could. In more ways than one. I could be the best boyfriend you'd ever have, and I could make you feel amazing. Lia, you don't even understand how I could make you feel."

"I get that you can make me feel 'amazing'," I say, making quotation marks around the world amazing, not completely believing that he could make me feel good. "But Luke, I don't want you. I really don't. I'm honestly not trying to be mean, but I'm not interested at all."

That shut him up for the rest of class, and for the rest of the day. He didn't even sit with me in the other classes we had together. It made me feel kind of guilty for going off on him, but at the same time, after all the times he's left me embarrassed and speechless, he most definitely deserved this.