Chapter 1: Viva Las Vegas!

• Dedicated to The Lost lives of the 4-27-11 tornadoes that struck Alabama

**********PLEASE GIVE ME FEEDBACK ON HOW YOU LIKED/DISLIKED MY STORY************

Viva Las Vegas!

March 23, 2013

I have been waiting for this day for a whole year now! It’s our senior class trip to Las Vegas! Not everyone is going but the majority is, so about 130 people, including chaperones. At least all of my friends are going, Becky , Jacob, Samantha, Mark, Katie, Casey, Hailey, and Jessica. Oh! I forgot Tia! She is hilarious! But I need to go on. I used my money I have been saving from my job at Google and arranged a hotel room at The Venetian instead of at Caesars Palace Like everyone else. The only way we got it approved by the school is by bringing a chaperone with us, Becky ’s Aunt Jennifer. But she is cool! Our plane leaves at 4:15 A.M. From Birmingham-Shuttlesworth International Airport. I cant wait until we get there! All I know is that it will be the trip of a lifetime!

We all thought that exact last sentence. Little did we know that it would be true except, not in a positive way. That was one of my few journal entries that I wrote during the beginning of the plague. You may not understand what I am talking about, so I will try my best and explain the story to you. I was one of the few survivors of the Hueytown High School senior class trip to Las Vegas, during the great plague of 2013. The virus originated in San Francisco from the FCA, the Federal Cure Agency. It started out as a cure for HIV and AIDS but it backfired and escaped into the city, and soon, the world. Because it was airborne you didn’t know if you were in an infected area until “they” showed up. If you were infected by the airborne virus, you had a minimum of twelve hours left to live, after that, your body would come back to life but you’re soul was not there. If you were bitten by a body, bitten, that’s the real problem. If you were bitten you only had about two hours left to live. The same goes with scratches. San Francisco was the first city to be known as “Infected”. The United States Government declared a State of Emergency. The city was quarantined and left alone. Luckily the virus didn’t spread any further. Nobody knew about the outbreak. The people in the city were kept there and left for dead. The people that eventually found out about the virus were cruelly, unknowingly, and blatantly assassinated to prevent any further spreading of knowledge eventually causing a political riot. The quarantined city wasn’t ever found out about either, the cover up was that a 10.3 earthquake occurred and destroyed the city, leaving no survivors. Three years went by and the United States government retreated the Marines that were stationed there in the city. By some complete fluke, the virus managed to escape, this time infecting everyone. It traveled around by the airlines.  If you had a major Airport near you, you were dead in a matter of days. Many people were infected, but a select few were immune to the airborne virus. 15% of the people in North America were immune, but most were eventually killed and eaten. You may want to know what it has to do with me or my friends, don’t worry, you are about to find out. Here is my story.

“Beep! Beep! Beep! Beep! Beep!” My obnoxious alarm clock sounded as it woke me up at 3:15 in the morning. It was March 23, 2013, the day we were going to Las Vegas for our senior class trip. I was really excited because it was going to be amazing. I had been to Las Vegas a few times before, but only with my family. It was going to be completely different because all of my friends were going. 

I began to awaken more as I sat up in my bed, then my big sister, Jenna called me on the phone.

“Bubba! Its time to wake up!” she said.

“Why are you calling so early?” I asked in a groggy tone.

“Because, I don’t want you to miss your trip, like I did.” she said

“Well you didn’t go because you were sick, which no one could help!” I told her.

“Yeah I know. I’m sorry I couldn’t go on your trip with you like you wanted.” she told me.