ʖᒷ ᓵᔑ∷ᒷ⎓⚍ꖎ 2.8

⚠️CONTENT WARNING⚠️ : This chapter contains just interactions with Wilbur.

I'd like to remind you that, again, this was based off the character and is not the real person, but if you're not comfortable with reading it, click here for a chapter summary. ->

I also request that you refrain from making any biting jokes because they make some people uncomfortable and I do try to keep this a positive space, despite this book being about obsession and stuff.

I'd also invite you to read the authors note because I do have an announcement! (Read it after the chapter though lol)

2.6-7 summary since it's been 6 months rip ->

────═━┈━═────

///tw: swearing///

Where was his room again? You hadn't cared enough when you arrived to memorize which door lead to his temporary chambers. However, you did remember the general vicinity as it was near Tommy's room. You'd find your way on your own, not wanting to bother any of the bustling servants that were finally out and about, tending to their chores.

You tapped the book to your chin, looking at the doors that were around you. Eight choices that you had narrowed down to three. One of the doors that was well removed from the others was Tommy's, you knew for sure; he was too loud to be in a room near the main hall.

You observed the doors of choice, seeing if staring at them would jog the memory of the elder brother's room placement. Alas, your memory remained flawed.

That was until you heard a disturbance at the end of the hall. A door swung open, a maid scurrying out with a tray and a red face. You wanted to stop and ask her if she was alright, but you were distracted when you heard angry grumbling come from the askew door. What pompous brat would be so rude to a maid?

"What kind of idiot can mess up something so manageable?"

That answered your question.

You approached, finally remembering that he had specifically requested a balcony room, which only was at the end.

You slipped into the chamber, tilting your head at the hunched over prince.

"I thought I told you not to come back until you actually had what I requested." Wilbur glared over his shoulder, expecting to see the maid, only to be met with your curious face.

"What'd she ever to do you?"

You thought you saw surprise on his face, but it quickly changed as he let out a groan of annoyance. "Oh, it's you..." He returned his attention to his pen and well-worn book. "Well, if you must know, she was so simple that she couldn't tell the difference between two completely different beverages."

You rolled your eyes. "They couldn't have been that different. Aren't castle staff tested before they're hired?"

"Coffee and tea are wildly independent from each other." He rubbed the back of his neck. "I doubted before that Esempi vetted their staff, but this only confirms it for me."

"Is your L'Manburgian pride a little wounded?" He looked up with his nose scrunched, but you paid no attention, continuing the conversation. "Maybe it was the chef? Or some other kitchen assistant."