Chapter 9

Monday. Every person hates it. Getting the best sleep of your life over the weekend then waking up to a ringing alarm. It sucks I know. I got up and not really caring about my appearance I just threw on leggings and a sweatshirt. I wasn't in the mood. I ate breakfast quickly and started to walk to school. As I'm walking I look ahead and saw a familiar figure walking. It's Dylan. I decided not to call him to walk with him. If he turns around and ask I'll just make something up... As I'm walking my backpack strap snaps sending my backpack to the ground. Of course this causes a loud noise which causes Dylan to turn around. He walked over to me and helped me put my books back in my backpack. He smiled at me and I returned the favor. "Did you like not notice me?"

"I thought it was you... But if it wasn't I didn't want to go up to some random guy and be like 'Hey Dyl!' When it wasn't you."

"Ahhh... I see." We started walking then out of nowhere he grabbed my hand. I hesitated at first, then held back. It gave a weird feeling. I had butterflies in my stomach. But I loved being around him. Once we walked into school everyone looked at us. As we walked through the hallways, people whispered into each other's ears. We're only holding hands... It's not a frickin marriage proposal. Anyways, we walked into our first class and had to separate because of our assigned seats which I didn't mind because I don't really like the attention. Dylan only looked at me the whole entire class. Sometimes I wonder how he passes his classes if all he does is stare at me or into space. At the end of class our teacher said, "Hey uh Stephanie stay back for a sec." I nodded and packed up my books and walked over to his desk. Dyl stayed back too. "Mr. O'Brien you have to leave. I need to talk to Stephanie alone."

"Fine. I'll wait outside Steph." Dyl said and got out of the classroom.

"Okay... Uh well Stephanie... Dylan seems to be more distracted with you sitting in that back corner. Maybe it's better for you to sit either in front of him or in the front of the classroom."

"Oh uh either would be fine... I guess..."

"All he does is look at you and when I saw that you guys held hands while walking in the classroom I realized that you and Dylan have some type of relationship. He needs his grade up. Okay?"

"Yeah... Okay... And we're just friends. Nothing serious or anything."

"That's fine but he still has some type of interest in you." I smiled, nodded, grabbed my books, and left. Dylan kept his word and waiting for me. We walked in silence to gym. I just... I don't know... Sometimes things are really awkward between us...

"So what did he say?" Dyl said breaking the silence.

"That I needed to change my seat because you're too distracted since you're always looking at me. So I now sit in front of you." I replied and he nodded in agreement.

"Good because you were way too far away from me before." I let out a small laugh. We got to gym and changed then went to our teachers to let them know that we're here. Today we were just throwing a football back and forth so that's what we did. The rest of the day was the usual. Dylan sat with my friends and I at lunch which was kinda weird but my friends didn't mind. Right now it's 2:28 and school's about to end. That's when Dylan spoke to me. "Hey Steph wanna come over after school?"

"Can't today I have work." I'm a manager at our local supermarket. It's not a bad job I honestly don't mind it. At all. Dyl nodded but he seemed a little upset. That's fine. The bell rang now it's time for work.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••
A/n
Hi! Sorry... This is kinda a filler... Couldn't think of anything... Next chapter will hopefully be better! Thanks for reading!
-Kelly