5

As I walk into my apartment I remember the piece of paper with the information about the team dinner where I will meet the staff and players. So I started looking around for it and it said. 

Xavi Hernández os ha invitado a la cena del equipo el viernes 3 de junio en Caelis a las 20:00 horas Código de vestimenta - Formal. (Xavi Hernández has invited you to join the team dinner on Friday the 3rd of June at Caelis at 8 pm Dress code - Formal)

"Oh nice I have heard really good things about that place on TikTok, It's supposed to be fancy". After reading that I decided to go to my suitcase and unpack everything. At the same time, I was doing that I was also trying on dresses for the team's introductory dinner and came across this dress that I had recently bought but never got the chance to wear. 

If you don't like the dress imagine something different :) 

After putting all my clothes away I decide to order food and relax then take a nap. I woke up at 7:30 am not realising that my nap turned into a full-on sleep. Once I woke I decided to take a drive around Barcelona so I could familiarise myself with the area and find a cafe for me to eat breakfast. 

I found this cute cafe and decided to get a coffee and a muffin. After I ate and paid I realised that I needed to buy groceries since I had nothing to cook. So I sat there making a list of the essentials/snacks and searched on Google Maps where a good grocery store near me and I went there. 

I bought milk, eggs, butter, bread, fruits, vegetables, meat, spices, drinks, brownie mix and snacks. After I paid and left I went back to my apartment to put everything away. After that I baked my brownies and let them cool. 

I then wanted to go to down to the receptionist area to ask if there was a pool and gym there so I could swim and work out, To my luck they had both a pool and a gym area on the top floor. I thanked the lady and went into the elevator to check it out. There are 3 pools and 2 gyms which were pretty big. I decided I wanted to go in the pool now so I went back to my apartment and changed into my bikini. 

I went to the pools for a good 2 hours and got a tan in the hot Barcelona sun which reminds me of Brazil. As I was sun tanning a group of kids around my age came up to me. (The conversations from here on out are going to be written in English but just pretend it is Spanish except for some little words)

(The text in bold is the group of friends and I will be putting the first letter of their name in front of the text so you know who is talking)

L - Hola, My name is Lea and these are my friends, Carmen and Mason, I was wondering if you were new here because we have never seen you and not many people live in these apartments yet since they are so new.

Hola and yes I am new my name is Mariam nice to meet you 

C - Oh wow Mariam that's a nice name, what nationality are you? 

Aw thank you so much I am Brazilian and Moroccan

M - Oh wow what a cool mix. How old are you? We are all 17 years old

Oh nice so am I 

L - Awesome. So what brings you to Barcelona?

Uh well I got an internship as a social media marketer 

C - Ah nice well we just wanted to come over and introduce ourselves and are wondering if you wanted to be friends. We all live together on level 3 apartment 332

Awww that's so sweet. Yes I would love to be your friend and I am on level 3 too apartment 334

L - Wow we are neighbours. Great well do you have Snapchat or Instagram so we can add you and add you into our group chat?

Yep my username for both accounts is Mari_ezz123

M - Right we have all added you on both you just gotta add us back and we can add you to the group chat 

Alright done and I see I have added 

L - OK perfect well we have to get back to our apartments so we will text you later. It was nice meeting you. Adios 

Yes very nice meeting you too, Adios 

I decided to go back to my apartment and have a shower. I then went to call my dad as I have not talked to him since moving here. He pick up after the first ring 

Hola mi vida (hi my life) I miss you. How is Barcelona?

Hola Papi yo también te extraño (hi dad I miss you too) and Barcelona is great so far. I am going to the team dinner tomorrow to introduce myself and just then I met some kids my age at the pools at the apartment

Thats great mi amor (my love)

For the next hour and a half I talked to my dad about everything and then we hung up and I still sat on my couch chilling, watching movies/tv shows and eating snacks until it was time for dinner when I got a text from Lea, Carmen and Mason. 

L - Hey Mariam do you wanna come over to my place and have dinner with us? 

C - yeh we are going to cook dinner and just hang out and talk. Wanna join?

Heyy and yeh that sounds like fun. Do you need me to bring anything over?

M - Umm nope we dont think so unless you have any fun games we could play 

ooohhh yehh I do have some games I could bring 

L - Alright well awesome. Come by in like 10 minutes and we can start cooking. its room 332 

Ok see you then 

I got up from the couch and grabbed monopoly, uno and in case they want to have dessert I also brought the home made brownies I had made earlier. I locked up my apartment door and then went number 332 which is just 2 doors down. 

________________________________________________________________________________

Heyyyyy everyone today as i bit of a longer chapter then usually which i hope you like. The next chapter will be Mariam seeing her brother again after many years. Just to let you know that Bilal coming into the story wont happen for many more chapters just because i wanna do the brother, sister and internship parts first. 

Hope you like this chapter and dont forget to vote, comment and add to favourites <3