PROLOGUE

Agastya was sitting on the left side of the bed doing some work on his MacBook. It was already midnight but Ikshita had not yet come into the room.

As soon as Agastya heard the door opening, he understood that ikshita had arrived but his eyes remained fixed on his MacBook.

Ikshita directly went to closet and came back changing into nightsuit. She walked to the other side of the bed and sat down with her legs hanging on the bed. She was wondering how to start conversation to him.

After gathering some courage, she turned to face him and cleared her throat before saying, "Agastya, mujhe aapse kuch kehna hai."
(Agastya, I want to tell you something)

He was surprised hearing his name from her cause she never called him by his name. He sensed that something is not right.

"Kahiye" he said still focused on his laptop.
(Say)

"First of all, Happy birthday, may god give you all the happiness and success in your life." Ikshita said.

Agastya looked at her and then looked at the clock on the wall, it was showing 12:05am.

"Thank you....and??" he said looking back at her.

Ikshita took a deep breath and take out an envelope from the drawer of side table and passed that envelope to agastya hesitantly.

"What is it" he said looking at the envelope in her hands.

"Your birthday present" she said looking at him with a small smile which was helping her to hide her pain.

He stared her for sometime time then took that envelope from her, he was feeling a little glad that she remembered his birthday but also feeling something strange which was definitely not good feeling.

He opened the envelope and took out the papers inside. He looked at the papers and his jaw clenched, anger beaming inside him.

"Is this a fucking joke??" He asked gritting his teeths and controlling his anger.

"It's not Agastya.On your birthday, I free you from this forced relationship. We both know very well that you never wanted this marriage and you were never happy with this so today I am giving you your happiness. Let's get DIVORCE" his anger raised hearing her.

"Yeah, I never wanted this marriage also I was never happy with this. But that doesn't mean I'll divorce you, mai aapko ardhangini sirf kehta nhi hu, maanta bhi hu. Jis waqt humne Saat phere liye uss waqt se aapko apna liya tha. Jis waqt aapki maang me sindoor bhara tha, uss vakt se aap meri ho gyi thi, jis waqt aapko mangalsutra pehnaya tha, aap mujhse janmo janam ke liye jud gyi thi or ab aap chahti hai ki mai aapko chodh du to ye aapki galat fehmi hai. Esa kabhi nhi hoga, suna aapne?? I WON'T DIVORCE YOU" he said dangerously, boring hole in her body with his dominanting gaze.

(I just don't call you my better half, I also accept it.From the moment we took seven rounds, I accepted you,From the moment your hair was filled with vermilion, you became mine,The moment I made you wear Mangalsutra, you were connected to me for many births and And now you want me to leave you, then this is your misunderstanding. This will never happen, did you hear??)

"But this is right for you, There is no need to stay tied to a relationship in which you are not happy" she said turning her face away from him.Because she didn't want him to see the truth in her eyes

He dashed towards her with rage and grabbed her shoulders in a tight grip and made her stand from the bed.

"You won't tell me what's right for me or what's not, I'm capable enough. And as far as my happiness is concerned, you don't need to worry about it" he said sternly, directly looking into her black orbs.