Chapter 41 - Leave Them Alone

Chris' Pov:

This is the best day of my life.
I am so happy right now, I can't even put it into words.
We're on our way through the forest and are almost there. There will be grand ball in the castle to celebrate our wedding.

Our. Wedding.

I still can't believe it.
I have married the love of my life, she is my wife.

I looked over to Y/n as she glanced out of the window. After gently squeezing her hand to get her attention, she turned her gaze to me.
My hand made its way up to her face and I held her chin carefully.
Our lips met in a soft but loving kiss.
"I love you." She whispered.
"I love you too." I said as I gazed into her eyes.
"Baby loves you as well, they're kicking now." She said with a soft smile.
I felt my heart explode as she said this. "Are you comfortable in the dress? It's not too tight on your bump is it??" I asked as I had been worried about this all day.
"Oh I'm okay!! The waistband is just on the top of the bump so the skirt is the main covering." She said as she patted her stomach. I nodded and looked out of the window to see that we were already there.

---------------------------------------------

The clock struck 7 and the ball began. We had a banquet between the hours of 5 and 6, so now it was time for the real celebrations. Everyone danced to the music being played by the orchestra whilst Y/n and I spoke to many people.

Y/n's Pov:

Everything is going well and we are currently talking to Jeongin.
"I loved the food it was amazing!! So delicious, I'll have to tell Hyunjin when I see him." Innie said with a huge smile. "It was nice, I still can't believe it, we're finally married!!!" I squealed, making Chris and Innie laugh.
Suddenly, the crowd went silent. I looked around curiously as the crowd dispersed to the sidelines and gasps were heard all around. I looked at my brother and Chris in apprehension. Chris grabbed me by the waist and the three of us walked over to see what the commotion was about.

As soon as I saw the sight before us, I shrieked in fear. I fell into Chris' arms and he held me upright.
Before us was a man, dirty and evil looking. I looked closer and recognised him as the estranged brother of the two princes who were killed that horrid day.
However his presence wasn't the worst thing about this situation. In front of him lay my father and my brother. Dad had gashes across his face and both were unconscious on the floor.

In a state of shock, I looked over to Jeongin with tears in my eyes and he was in the same state as me. Chris held me protectively and from the crowd came my mother who screamed at the ghastly sight before her.
Innie immediately took her into his arms and held her tightly. "What have you done with my father and my brother?!!" I shouted as rage filled my body. "I've come to seek my revenge, you killed my brothers so I will kill your faggot of a brother and the King himself." He laughed maniacally and more gasps filled the room.
I shook with anger.
"You will leave them alone!! And don't you dare call my brother that horrid word!!" I yelled. The man raised his sword and brought it down at a speed, but stopping just before he made contact with my father's body. My mother's body became weak in Jeongin's arms as she wept. "Ha!! You wanna see the look on your faces!!" The man laughed evilly.

Suddenly I realised something.
"Where's Changbin??" I asked Chris in a whisper. "He went to the toilet." He said worriedly as the toilets were outside of the ballroom. Changbin would have to walk past the man.

I screamed and ran forward as the man suddenly stabbed my father in the abdomen. Chris caught me and brought me back towards him, holding me against his chest. "Let me go!!! I'll kill him!! Leave my father alone you coward!!!" I screamed.
"Now why would I do that??" The man cackled as he stabbed Felix in the stomach.
This time it was my mother who screamed as she wept. Both Innie and I were in a state. We couldn't do anything yet.

Suddenly, footsteps could be heard as Changbin slowly crept up behind the guy with his sword drawn high. The man didn't hear him approaching due to his manic laughter.
Suddenly, Changbin swung his sword which slashed the side of the man's body, sending him hurdling towards the ground. The guards all ran forward to help Changbin who was now wrestling the guy to rid him of his weapons.

It didn't take long for them to arrest the guy and take him to the dungeons. However Changbin sat on the ground holding his arm in pain.
"Changbinnie??!!! Are you okay??!" I shouted as I ran towards him. "He stabbed me." Changbin winced. "Oh god." Chris worried as he glanced at his unconscious in-laws.
In the meantime, the guards were putting my dad and my brother on two separate stretchers in order to take them straight to the infirmary.

I stood there and wept as my husband cradled me in his arms.
"The ball is dismissed, everyone go home!!" Innie shouted.

-------------------------------------------

"They'll be okay." I said with a sniffle as I sat on the edge of Felix's bed. Dad's hospital bed was right next to his, so Mum was sat opposite me. Changbin sat on the other side of Felix's bed and Innie sat on the opposite side of Dad's bed. "They're strong." Chris said as he rubbed my shoulders. He stood behind me to comfort me.

Felix had sustained a stab wound to the stomach and a possible concussion. Dad had a stab wound on the stomach and very small ones on his arms. He also had many scratches on his face.
The Royal Doctor's team have run many tests on the pair and stitched them up due to their injuries luckily not being life threatening.
Now it was for them to wake up and god knows when that will be.
"How is your arm now?" I asked Changbin who was currently holding Felix's hand. He had a large bandage which covered his whole bicep. "Still sore but I'm okay. Thank you Y/n." He said with a small smile as he continued to play with Felix's small fingers.

Soon enough it reached 10pm, so we all went to bed. However, Changbin still had to sleep in a hospital bed due to the nurses wanting to watch over him.
Innie took Mum to bed whilst Chris and I made a b-line for our room.
When we got in the room, I immediately asked Chris to help me out of my dress. He did so and helped me hang it up again.
We both got ready for bed and as Chris was in the bathroom, I began to feel myself breaking.
Sitting on the side of the bed, I began crying slightly. Those tears soon turned into sobbing.

Chris' Pov:

I've almost finished washing up and suddenly I hear a small whimper. After putting my stuff away, I put my ear against the door. All I can hear is Y/n's heartbreaking sobs.
"What's the matter sweetheart?" I asked despite the answer being obvious. I walked over to her and she immediately got up, engulfing me in a big hug.
"W-what if something bad happens to them Chris??" She said as she sobbed. I've never seen her this upset.
"Shhh- It's okay my love, the doctors said they should recover quickly." I hushed as I cradled her in my arms.

We lay down on the bed and she got herself comfortable with her pregnancy pillow. I helped her calm down completely before we fell asleep in each other's arms.

Word Count: 1357.