| 21 | Sunlight ☀︎︎

__________________________________

SMALL TW:
This chapter contains conversations about sex trafficking/human trafficking, abuse, violence, and other sensitive topics. Some may be uncomfortable with these topics and it may trigger some people, if this will bother you I suggest skipping this chapter, i love you!
__________________________________

He's gone and I sigh and close my eyes for a moment before getting up and getting dressed,

It's a nice 70° outside, slightly overcast with a breeze. My favorite kind of weather, I especially love it when the clouds part slightly so the rays of sun can shine through them, making it look like the heavens are opening. Due to the beautiful weather, I decided to wear a pastel pink shirt with small bell sleeves and a ribbed material with a square neckline, a white pleeted skirt, and white sneakers. My hair is down but I tied up a few strands so I could put a white bow in my hair. I pick up my phone off my nightstand and see a message on my screen:

Cody: see you tonight, remember, uber will be there at 5 ;)

I let out a deep breath and cover my face with my hand, "I can't believe I forgot," I groan, I completely forgot that I told him I'd go see him today, and that I'm stupid enough to follow through. I could lie and say I got sick, or that I had some tragic family emergency. But I know I'm a horrible liar, and my lies would be disproven pretty easily. It's 3:30 and I have enough time to try and blow him off, although he'll just try to reschedule, and eventually after trying to avoid him so much he's going to start prying and trying to figure out why exactly I'm evading his every attempt to connect with me. I can't exactly say 'Well, I have a stalker who has claimed me as his and has killed men for touching me and will kill you too so back off' unless.. Maybe that's exactly what I need to do... No that's crazy, I'll sound like a lunatic, but maybe that's what'll get him off my back.. Okay, I'll go tonight but only to explain what's going on and then maybe he'll get freaked out and leave me alone. Worst case, he doesn't and he tries to call the police for me, but I've tried to call them to get my stalker to stop but it doesn't work so that's not a huge problem.

Just like he said, at 5:00 an all-black Mercedes with dark-tinted windows pulls up and stops outside my building. I walk to the car and get in the backseat, the driver doesn't speak to me and I don't speak to him, he drives me to Cody's house and lets me out. I walk up to the doors and knock, after a moment the door opens and I see Cody, he smiles when he sees me, "hello beautiful," he says in a kind tone. I walk in and he closes the door behind us, turns, and plants a gentle kiss on my cheek, I respond with a smile that I hope he doesn't know is fake. "Follow me," he says as he begins walking, I follow and he takes us up the stairs and down a hall he stops at a door, opens it, and raises his hand towards the room, gesturing me to go first. I do, I wanted to hesitate but I forced myself not to. I walk in and see a large office, a window on the wall in front of me takes my attention first, there's a desk centered in front of the window, and two chairs sit in front of his desk. On one side of the room, there's a large bookcase filled with books, on the other side is a large cabinet made from a deep cherry-colored wood, that matches the bookshelf. But the desk is pitch black and so are the cushions for the chairs, but they're accented by the same wood. The floor is a dark—almost black hardwood with cool undertones. It eludes sophistication and class.