Chapter 1

2002, LA

A little girl who just finished buying the groceries walked down the road to her home. She looked really happy because her grandmother would make her favorite dishes for tonight.

She walked fast because she's impatient. But her steps stopped when she heard a boy crying.

Because she had always been curious about something, she tried to find where the crying came from.

She followed the sound and arrived in the playground.

she saw a boy was sitting on the swing. He was alone and crying. He looked like 7-8 years old. A bit similar with the girl's age.

"Hey" the girl gathered courage before called that boy

That boy looked up and saw the girl walking towards him. His chubby cheeks are red because of crying and his big eyes were glassy because of tears.

"Why are you crying?" The girl asked with her light voice but her voice was so dominant and tough. Typical of a tomboy

No answer from the boy. But he kept crying.

The girl started to become impatient and asked with higher tone, "what are you doing here?"

The boy started to cry again ," my knee.. hurt" he said weakly

The girl looked down to his knee and found a small bruise on it, seemed like he fell somewhere.

"Let me help you" the girl offered.

She putted down the grocery bag and took out a band aid from her pocket. She kneeled down so she was on the same height with the knee.

She put her thumb to her tounge and then put that thumb onto the bruise, "my grandmother said, saliva healed" she explained innocently

Then she blowed the knee , and put on the band aid ," adakadabra, the hurt will be gone" she said , imitating a witch.

"Is it better?" The girl asked with her big eyes looked right into his eyes

The boy nodded," thank you" he smiled.

Then the girl wiped the tears away from that boy's eyes and stood up with her hands holding her waist , "my grandma said. Boys should not cry."

"It's hurt" the boy defended himself

"But boys shouldn't cry, araseo?" The girl spoke in higher tone. Like lecturing someone.

And that boy replied by nodding

"Do you know your way home?" The girl asked

"Mm. Near the love house " he replied

"Ah, we're on the same way then. Let's go together" the girl holded her grocery bag and the other hand pulled the boy's hand

**

They were walking back home together. And it was really awkward. No one started the conversation until..

"What's your name?" The boy suddenly asked

The girl flinched bit because the sudden question but she answered right away."Ji Eun. Lee Ji Eun"

"Cool. " The boy said

"Yeah, my mother left a name for me before going somewhere" Ji eun explained

"My name is Mark" the boy introduced himself.

"Nice name" Ji eun said

"I'm arrived now" Ji eun said, and showing the house beside her.

LOVE HOUSE was writtened on the board