School

Sorry if there's mistakes I literally can't type.

The campers are aged up to about 13-18. They attend high school together now.

7:45 am

Everyone talked amongst themselves in a dimly lit auditorium. The chatter echoed and the chairs they sat in squeaked and cracked with age. The high school hadn't had much money invested in it but they managed an almost ancient school building that had an auditorium but minimal repairs were poured Into it, so each time you sat the chair sounded as if it would crumble beneath you. The auditorium was where they held students who came before homeroom began at 8 Am, which was mostly everyone. Public transportation led people to wake up as early as 5 am just to not enter the building late.

-

Neil usually ended up there at the latest because his father still dropped him off unlike the other two. Max and Nikki. The two sat in the very back, right next to the double doors just to make it easier for me to spot them. He squinted for a moment, sitting down on the cracking chair once the other two waved to them.

"Hey." He greeted the two. "You're going right?" No hello back from either, just an abrupt question from Nikki. Neil slowly shook his head and mumbled, "What?"
"Neil, I said it in the group chat a few minutes ago. Keep up. Ered's party, remember?"

"Oh, that. I don't know. I'm not that close to Ered. The only sleepovers I've been to are with you guys."

"What?!" Nikki's lips fell into a pout. She glanced over to Max who also shook his head on the matter. "I can't go without you guys. We're supposed to go together."

"I don't know Nikki, I'll think about it.."

Nikki adjusted in her seat, causing Neil to cringe at the noises of the seat. She forced a frown upon her lips and exhaled heavily. "Worst news of your life guys. Ready for it?" No response but she seemed unphased. "I'm eating lunch with Nerris, then I'm going to hang out with them after school."

The two could see the eye roll out of Max. "Again? You did that shit last week too. You're ditching us just to third wheel between Harrison and Nerris."

"What? They're not even dating?"

"Oh, I'm sorry. Didn't know they broke up for the 50th time."

"Dude.."

On Wednesdays, the trio usually went to the mall for nachos. Called it "Nacho Wednesday." It wasn't clever but it was enjoyable. Hours spent wandering around the mall, gawking at overpriced merchandise they swore and down they would buy the next time they had money. It was fun.

"I think Max is just irritated because, yeah, we do talk out every day but we don't hang out every day. We plan for one day out of the week and you keep ditching on us." Yet... He sort of had an idea of why she'd do this.

"I thought.." She began to speak, then her lips tightened up again. "...Why? You guys are so cool together though?"

"Are we?" Max shot a quick look towards Neil. His words felt like little knives stabbing the brunettes brain. He was right though.

Leaving was Nikki's sorry attempt at dragging the two alone. No matter how much Neil protested she countered it claiming it would help. Until it didn't.