Chapter 10

Once back in the room Haymitch goes straight to his bed to lie down, absolutely worn out from the stress of the last few days, he pulls out the bottle of amber liquid from behind his pillow  and grabs the small pot with sleeping pills on his bedside that the avox had bought when he said he couldn't sleep.
He drinks it all straight down without hesitation, with no real food or drink for days he's sure it should knock him out for long enough that he could rest before the interview tonight and hopefully be recovered, his head starts to spin and everything fades as he drifts to peace.

A loud booming voice wakes him from his dreamless slumber.

"Tributes, five minutes to prep team".

He sits up in bed, his head still spinning from the drink and disorientation, slowly he stubbles towards the sink in his bathroom and throws up, trying to rid his body of any left over alcohol or pills, brushes his teeth, wipes his face and makes his way to the central living quarters to meet the strange woman stood by his door.

She is tall and slim, touching 6ft, her long white blonde hair billows over her heavily tattooed shoulders, the ink stripes down from her forehead to her cheekbones, around her shoulders and across her collar bones, she looks to be in her late 50s but her skin was so tight against her face he couldn't be sure she wasn't older, she looked like a tiger that had been bleached and skinned.

"Hello, I'm your stylist, Tigris", she says politely, scanning Haymitch up and down, focusing on the wet patch on his shirt where he had wiped off a patch of vommit before tentatively reaching out her hand and shaking his.

They proceed to walk down the corridor towards a large hall sectioned off by curtained rails, she continues to speak as they do.

"Usually there would be more than just me, Olimiana and Dionysus usually work with me too but with the extra tributes we have been stretched out a bit more than I'd like, I'm sure I can still make you look suitable though, are you excited to see your costume? Do you usually watch the games?".

Haymitch nods his head slowly, "coal?", he grimaces, climbing into the reclining chair trying not to loose his balance.

She starts by watching and blow drying his hair, she trims the edges off before running some strange white foam through it until it is hard to touch.

She washes his face and applies cream before using a large brush to coat it in powder.

"There!", she exclaims stepping back.
"You look 100% better now, one last thing though", she pulls a small bottle of green liquid from her pocket and bends down to whisper in Haymitch's ear.

"Wash put your mouth, I can smell the liquor and so will Flickerman".