You Underestimate Me (W.A)

i'm rewatching wednesday rn so i got inspired... ok here goes nothing go easy on me pls xx

Wednesday had a vision that you failed your final exam, so she requires you to study*

*AU where the outcome of Wednesday's visions can be changed lol

"What?" I huff in stress, bringing my fingers to my temples, "Shit. I already have a C in that class. I really can't afford to fail." I bore desperate eyes into Wednesday's, who's only display of emotion was a knot of concern in her brows, slightly concealed by her front bangs.

"Not to mention the fact that having a failed student on my arm is not an ideal image for me." Wednesday casts her hardened eyes downward, darting them across the floor in a subtle portrayal of panic.

My face falls with a soft glare, "Wednesday."

Her dark eyes find mine, a flash of confusion running through them, "Was that... unkind?"

A small smile tugs at my lips with her innocent questioning, of which occurred more often than not considering her notorious lack of concern for a filter. Though I thought it was adorable, my girlfriend's bluntness was widely perceived as harsh, and rude, and we've been working on adjusting her verbiage in order to come off as... slightly less harsh, and rude. She's still Wednesday Addams, after all, and I would never try to change who she was at her core - not that I would have any success, anyway. No one ever has, and no one ever will.

"Very much so." I nod, my smile growing when Wednesday also nodded in timid understanding. It was cute, but she hated being called as such, so I kept the sentiment in my head - this time.

"Allow me to rephrase." Wednesday straightens her spine - if that were even possible - which was a charming tell of hers that meant she was taking her reattempt seriously, "I wear you and your academic achievements proudly, in tandem with my own. I'd prefer it if you upheld your adequate status of intellectualism." She deadpans before her lips reassumed their signature pouted position. I feel a warm blush grace my cheeks as I bit my lip in a face-eating grin, feeling more than satisfied with her adjusted articulation. Her way with words was... unique, sure, but they were hers, and I could always detect the sweetness she intends for me - and only me - even through the empty, monotonous tone.

"That's better." Wednesday nods with my approval, a ghost of a proud smile attempting to curl her lips past their nearly impermissible boundary, but ultimately failing - as expected.

"I require the next twelve hours from you to commit to your studies." Wednesday continues without missing a beat as she signaled Thing to fetch my textbook with a tick of her neck. How he managed to carry it on his own was beyond me, but hey - he's a living, decapitated hand, Wednesday is a psychic, and I'm a time traveler, so - his super strength was the least abnormal factor in the room, strangely enough. Soon enough the book was in my lap, heavy and daunting, prompting a deep groan to rumble from my throat.

"Twelve hours, babe? That's ridiculous." I whine, which I know Wednesday hated, but I couldn't help it. Her way of doing things was sometimes - most times, actually - violently irrational. Emphasis on the violent.

We're working on that, too.

"It's necessary. I already have espresso being delivered to keep your unproductive napping habit at bay." Wednesday retorts, her tone twinging slightly in a way that conveyed I was the ridiculous one - cause in her mind, I was. Though there was of course a jab thrown at me and my sleeping habits in there, her ordering coffee was endearingly thoughtful, earning another fond smile from my lips.

"That's sweet, my love, thank you. But I can't possibly study for that long. My brain doesn't work like yours does. I'll fry after, like, four hours - if that." I pout slightly as my shoulders slumped. I was always envious of the way Wednesday could have her nose in a book for 12 hours plus and not need a single break. Her head was a dark, twisted place, but above all else - she was fucking smart.