Prologue

"I saw Knox again! Ah, he's so fricking handsome! He smells good too, especially when he approached me and asked for my name! His voice is so nice. It just makes me fall for him even more. I can feel that he likes me too! He always smiles at me every time we crossed paths."

As soon as I entered the room, my nose flaring with anger upon hearing Mystique's exclamation to her friends. I'm really annoyed with this girl. She has repeatedly told everyone that Knox noticed her and they had a conversation.

Others really believe it! This girl is such a storyteller. Knox doesn't even talk to anyone. He hasn't mentioned anything about Mystique to me. Knox tells me everything. And besides, I'm the one he talks to all the time here in school. Of course, that should be is.

"Wow, that's enviable. Knox might really like you. You're also rich. You're a perfect match," commented by one of her friends.

Damn. They're getting on my nerves.

They don't even know who Knox really is!

"Anyway, my decision is final. I'm going on a date with him this Saturday. And if he refuses, I'll really insist! Duh, as if he can reject this beauty. " Mystique said again. Boosting about her face.

I couldn't stop myself anymore but to interrupt them, so I kicked Seraphina's chair to get everyone's attention.

"What's your problem?!" Seraphina immediately yelled at me.

I sighed. "My problem? That friend of yours. Make her shut up. She's imagining things too much. And don't believe her. Knox doesn't even know her," I said, laughing loudly in front of them.

I saw them furrowing their brows. And Mystique, she looked furious at me, as if ready to kill me. Well, everything I said was true!

I know Knox very well since we were kids. We've always been together. He's my childhood friend. To be exact, i'm in love with him. But he doesn't know it yet! He's just clueless. And I don't want to confess because he might just laugh at me! We're still young, so it's not the right time. As my mom says, I'm not allowed to have a boyfriend yet. And I won't have one unless it's Knox.

"Excuse me? Why are you getting involved in our conversation?! What right do you have to tell me I'm just imagining things? Knox knows me! And who are you, you jealous girl?" Mystique angrily said.

I looked at them closely, from head to toe, especially Mystique.

"You know, you're pretty but too conceited. Your face is as thick as your makeup," I said before finally turning away.

But before I could even leave, she suddenly pulled my hair. She quickly dragged me out because I'm just petite. Mystique is tall, so I wasn't surprised.

"I hate you! You embarrassed me in front of my friends, so I'll drag you in front of the campus," she said angrily. There were students looking at us, stopping to watch.

I tried to reach her using my hand, but I couldn't. I started feeling pain in my head, so instead of grabbing her by the hair, I kicked her. She fell because of the force of my kick.

I heard laughter from the audience. Mystique gave me a dirty look.

"You're brave, huh? But I won't stop until you take back everything you said earlier," she said again.

I fixed my hair and spoke again, "Everything I said was true. Why do you even make up stories? You might win the Story Maker of the Year award."

She got even more annoyed and was about to attack me, but a hand stopped her. No one else but Knox. The guy we were fighting over.

"What are you doing to her?" Knox asked Mystique seriously.

I observed Mystique's knees buckle as she locked eyes with Knox, taking her time before crafting a response. The irritation lingers within me. Her gaze at Knox possessed an almost palpable intensity.

"H-hi, Knox," she stammered.

"Don't hurt her. If I catch you again, you'll have to deal with the consequences," Knox said straightforwardly to her, and he suddenly pulled me away from that mess.

Those were the words Knox said that stayed in my mind until our class ended. I was almost going crazy with happiness because he defended me. It's not the first time he did it, but it really feels different when he's the one defending me.

I told him what really happened. I thought he would get mad at me since I started the fight, but he even laughed.

His smiles, not just on his lips but in his eyes, and his laughter are like music to my heart.

"Next time, don't do that, okay? I don't want others to hurt you because of me," he said calmly.

You know, Knox, no matter how many troubles comes at my way, I'm ready to fight just to protect this heart of mine so that no one else takes you away.

I'm selfish when it comes to him. I want to be the one who makes him smile. I want him to talk only to me. Just us, until we grow up.

I stared blankly at his face. He's so handsome. That's why I have so many enemies!

Why is this guy so handsome! It's annoying. I fall in love with him every day. Even when we were kids, I knew I loved him.

I might not be able to handle it if he's gone from my life. He's already a part of it.

I've always been used to having him by my side.

From waking up, he's the first one to greet me when he sleeps over at our house. We eat breakfast together at home and dinner at their house.

From playing and learning to read, to my first time singing, swimming, and baking, he was there. He stood by me during my first haircut and cheered for me during my first bicycle ride with him. We shared the excitement of my first movie theater experience and riding on public transportation together.

With him, I learned to tie my shoes for the first time, and he was there when I had my first loose tooth. He witnessed everything, being a part of all those special moments in my life.

What if he's not around anymore?

"Knox, don't leave me, okay?" I said to him.

I saw him nod.

I hope so.